Complaint Review: Washington Mutual Bank

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 15, 2008

• Reported By:toledo Ohio
Washington Mutual Bank
P.o.box660487 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Washington Mutual Card Services raised my interest from 13% to 27.9% Dallas Texas

When I opened this account I was given an interest rate of 13%. I felt it was high but really needed the account. After several months of paying I realized my balance was not declining and whe I examined my statement I realized they had increased my interest rate to 27.9%.

I called them right away and was told that they checked our credit and felt our debt ratio was not to their liking and that they had the right to increase my interest rate based on that. From that point on I was charged an over the limit fee, an interest fee and a late fee ( i was not late). These fees alone amounted to way over my payment. In order to catch up and be in line with what they felt I should be I needed to send over 200.00.

I tried calling and talking to them but they were rude and I didn't get anywhere. I have cancer and am trying to pay an enormous amout of medical bills along with everythig else. I realize this is not thier problem but it soon will be because I will have to file bankruptcy and they will be out everything. I don't want to NOT pay my bill but they are making it impossible. Can't they lower my interest rate? Whe I asked them about it, they said they review our credit history every now and then and offer us a lower interest rate. Right! When has a credit card company ever offered to LOWER an interest rate.

Anything you can do wil be helpful

George
toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Bank/Dallas-Texas-75266/Washington-Mutual-Card-Services-raised-my-interest-from-13-to-279-Dallas-Texas-391647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual Bank