Complaint Review: Washington Mutual - Chase

South Pasadena, California United States of America
  • Phone: 800-788-8000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual - Chase $429.00 of Overdraft Fees charged even after I requested to remove overdraft from 3 different supervisors. California

*Consumer Suggestion: Fees

*Consumer Comment: You do realize...

I had difficulty with Wamu/Chase on 5/2009 because they did not remove my Overdraft request. I explained to them that I did not want to recieve any overdraft charges on my account on numerous occasions and they agreed to reimburse part of my charges and told me they would remove the overdraft on my account. That didn't happen.

After numerous failed attempts to contact a live representative, I got disconncted by their automated system and even hung up on by a supervisor.

Month after month, for atleast 5 months. I would recieve overdraft charges and have to call them to have them reimburse and re-request for them to remove my overdraft. They continually would tell me that that would be done and they failed to do so. I mistakenly, even agreed to share some their mistaken fees with them to remain as loyal 10+ year customer.

I requested for them to review the recordings and their notes of my conversation with their supervisors to prove to them that I requested for them to have my overdraft removed. I specifically informed the supervisors that if there is no money in the account, that I needed that item not paid in order to prevent any overdraft fees. They straight up lied to me and say they could do it and didn't. Hence, I recieved late fees over and over and over again.

In their system notes, I must have seemed like an irresponsible customer but I was proactive in attempting to prevent them from trying to cover my account when their wasn't any money in the account. I would do this in order to try and keep my sister, I am her legal guardian, within a monthly budget that the bank was made aware of. My attempt to inform the bank of my situation with my sister was neglected and they never... ever offered or removed the overdraft as initially requested....really sad.

When I finally reached a supervisor, after over hours figuring out how to speak to a live representative, they simply told me that they would not reimburse their 13 overdraft charges ($429.00) and that they would finally remove any overdraft limit on my account. What the f*** for!!!! I was pissed, paid the fees, and am now closing the account.

In Conclusion, I simply feel robbed by this stupid bank and their supervisors. They led me to believe otherwise in order to charge me as many bank fees as possible, even after I clearly and concisely placed my request that could have been prevented long ago. Simply speaking, I find that the reason that they misled me was in order to charge me and take advantage. I really feel they need to be report and wanted to get the word out about these evil people.

wanted to removed an overdraft limit that they set. It wasn't until I received a 13 overdraft charges until they agreed to set my overdraft limit to zero, as I had originally requested about 25 overdraft charges before that.

Brian Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Chase/South-Pasadena-California-91030/Washington-Mutual-Chase-42900-of-Overdraft-Fees-charged-even-after-I-requested-to-remo-460943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual - Chase

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lucy - (U.S.A.)

This might sound insane, but why dont you try to keep up with your balance? Keep a check register. Pretty much, don't spend money you don't have and fees wont accumulate...

You do realize...

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

You do realize don't you, that if you turn the OD limit off, you still get the fees? The only difference is that they will not pay the items, and you will get an additional fee from the payees.