Complaint Review: Washington Mutual, Formerly Providian

• Submitted: Thu, September 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:Wilmington Delaware
Washington Mutual, Formerly Providian
Po Box 660487 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Washington Mutual/ Providian Unfair Interest Rate Hike Dallas Texas

In August of 2008 I was notified that WaMu was making changes to my account. I called customer service to see what these changes were. I was informed that my interest rate would increase to 29%. I asked the customer service rep to review my account to see if there were any late payments or over limit history. In 6+ years of having this account, I have never been late or over limit. They would not inform me as to why this decision was made but told me it was based on my TransUnion credit report-which I checked and it was good. Please note that my credit rating has consitantly been above 650 and is currently 702! In my credit report, there is not one single account that has ever been late in payment. I opted to refuse to accept the proposed terms, to close my account and request and explaination as to why this decision was made. I also sent for a free credit report to which I am making corrections. I am appalled that the government would allow these companies to have the ability to do this. When I applied for credit with Providian 6+ years ago, I agreed to an interest rate and kept my end of the agreement-to make payments on time and to stay within my limit. I truly believe that WaMu has become a company of ill repute.

Vicki
Wilmington, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2008 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Formerly-Providian/Dallas-Texas-75266/Washington-Mutual-Providian-Unfair-Interest-Rate-Hike-Dallas-Texas-374243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual, Formerly Providian