Complaint Review: Washington Mutual Home Loans

• Submitted: Fri, December 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 03, 2004

• Reported By:fort myers Florida
Washington Mutual Home Loans
7301 Baymeadows Way Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual Home Loans rip-off! Denying overypayments, overcharges and wrongful late fees. Jacksonville Florida

This bank held my home loan for a few years, they bought it from Bank of America. I was having difficulty making the payments as they went up $100/month each year, and I would never get any of my escrow back. I used their loss mitigation services, and pawned everything I owned, including my car title (by the way don't ever do that!). I made the makeup payments as I was only 2 weeks from a foreclosure sale date.

The next month I was supposed to be back on track with my payments, when they informed me I was already a month behind. Well, apparently they did something else with the $8000 I sent them, and I was a month behind on payments for over a year. I finally had to sell my home as I was in foreclosure proceedings. When I spoke with them, I had to talk to a different person each time and explain the whole story each time. I never got any help, and was sent nasty letters from them constantly! I finally had to work with their attorneys who were handling the foreclosure.

When I finally sold the house, I was informed by Wash. Mutual that the extra "missing payment" was my mistake and they would not return it. I had to sell the house, they took a large amount of money for "late fees" and their attorneys said I would have to dispute this after the sale of the house.

They have listed my credit report as a "foreclosure" and I am having problems getting that removed from my credit. I nearly was unable to rent an apartment because of this... These people don't know their left from their right, and each person I spoke with was nastier than the last!If you have your home loan with them, I suggest you record your conversations and write down everything! If your lucky, they may give you a last name... they never would never give it to me when I called. They are bad business!

Elizabeth
fort myers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2004 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Home-Loans/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Washington-Mutual-Home-Loans-rip-off-Denying-overypayments-overcharges-and-wrongful-late-121058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual Home Loans