Complaint Review: Washington Mutual - JP Morgan Chase

www.wamu.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-788-7000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual - JP Morgan Chase Bank lost deposit sent by mail, refuses to help me or refund me - sent with usps tracking Nationwide

*Author of original report: Problem Resolved

On Jan 27th, I called Wamu to request the Bank By Mail address. At the time, I was in a rush to have it credited to my account, so I asked them if I could send Cash (not safe I Know, but like I said, it was urgent). They said yes, all normal forms of currency (Cash, Check, Money Order) can be sent by mail. So I went to the post office, I had it sent Overnight, with Signature and Delivery Confirmation.

5 Days went by, and I still hadnt gotten credit for the Deposit. So I called to see what was going on. They replied they had not gotten the deposit, and thought it may have been lost. They opened a Research on it. A few days later, still, no credit and I heard nothing from them, so I called them back.

They said they did not get the deposit. (Lie #1). So I told them, that was incorrect, the person stuttered and tried to find her words. I then told her, "Mam I sent this with USPS Signature on Delivery and Tracking." She actually got angry, knowing I had caught her in a lie. I proceeded to tell her, an Agent by the name of C. Smith signed for the deposit, and it was sent to Washington Mutual - as it clearly states on the post office tracking Label.

So again, they open a research on it. They then quit calling me. Instead they would send me letters that had nothing to do with my issue. They wanted a copy of the check that was deposited (like I said, had nothing to do with me). This continued all through Feb. I finally got tired of waiting this week (March 12th) so I called back.

I was very blunt, I was tired of getting the run around. I know what they are doing. They are playing all these games so Ill just give up and not press it further. Which, maybe I should, but I dont like the idea that my bank would steal a deposit from me, which is what they have done. So today, I speak with a person in the Research Dept again. He then tells me, Wamu doesnt accept Cash Deposits (which is NOT what the previous agent said) by mail, and that even though the tracking info shows it arrived to Wamu, that there was nothing they can do, and I would have to take it as a loss.

I'm outraged, I am closing my account with them. I hope those of you who have Wamu do the same. This is so wrong.

I asked the guy if that were the case, why wasnt it Returned to Sender?! My address was on the packling slip for gods sake. "We don't do that".

Horrible Bank.

USPS Tracking Info is below :

Label/Receipt Number: EH56 8**7 ***U S
Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 7:23 AM on January 30, 2009 in SAN ANTONIO, TX 78265 to WASHINGTON MUTUAL . The item was signed for by C SMITH.

Justin T
Daphne, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-JP-Morgan-Chase/nationwide/Washington-Mutual-JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-lost-deposit-sent-by-mail-refuses-to-help-me-or-434210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual - JP Morgan Chase

AUTHOR: Justin t - (U.S.A.)

After faxing them a printed copy of my report, I was contacted by a Manager in the research department and asked what could be done to resolve the issue. She offered me my original deposit, and for the trouble I have had, they gave me $10 extra. I am still closing my account, but Wamu did solve the issue and that should be noted here.