Complaint Review: Washington Mutual - JP Morgan

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Washington Mutual - JP Morgan
www.wamu.com San Diego, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-788-7000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual - JP Morgan - WAMUUnfair overdraft charges due to website flaw San Diego California

I was just charged a $34 over draft fee. So what good is overdraft? Isn't bouncing cheaper? Well i don't you can bounce an online payment. If i am wrong I don't mind paying. But these charges are just ways for banks to get fat. Look at the mess the economy is in and they take advantage of everyone.

This overdraft is due to a flaw in their online banking system and/or deliberately setup to make money on these fees which would be a scam then.

I made an online payment and selected 1 of 3 accounts i have with them to make the payment (use funds) with. A few days later I receive an email that i was overdrafted. After I emailed them two times to try and rectify it. I am told that one of my three accounts is the main account. So whenever I make a payment and choose the other 2 accounts, the money for the payment always defers to the main account.

Well what do we call this? If this is the case, why would the website allow me to choose payment with another account if it defaults to only one? Sounds like a scam to me.

Gibsongk55
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-JP-Morgan/San-Diego-California-92120/Washington-Mutual-JP-Morgan-WAMUUnfair-overdraft-charges-due-to-website-flaw-San-Diego-474766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual - JP Morgan