Complaint Review: Washington Mutual/ Providian

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Cape Girardeau Missouri
Washington Mutual/ Providian
Po Box 660509 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Washington Mutual/ Providian lied about interest rates and everything else Dallas Texas

Wamu informed me they would raise my interest rate. I called to cancel card and was assured my rate was not going up. My rate went up anyway. I called to question this and was promised the rate would be put back down to the original amount but it might take a couple of months. At the end of two months, I called again because the rate did not decrease. I was told that my account had been reviewed again and the rate was in fact increasing again. I talked to an account supervisor who apologized but said she could not reinstate the original rate. I asked to talk with her supervisor and was told he was on vacation but that he would return my call within 48 hours. Two weeks later I called again asking to speak with the account supervisor I spoke with originally and was told I would have to speak with whoever was available. After another run around, he assured me my account would be reviewed immediately and my rate would be reduced. I asked several times if he was ensuring that the rate would return to the original amount and several times he promised it would. When I finally pinned him down, he said he promised it would be reviewed immediately but that he could not promise the rate would return to the original amount. I guess I should be happy to only be paying twice the amount of interest I should instead of three times the amount. I am angry, to say the least. This company should not be allowed to operate in this manner.

Donna
Cape Girardeau, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Providian/Dallas-Texas-75266/Washington-Mutual-Providian-lied-about-interest-rates-and-everything-else-Dallas-Texas-354885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual/ Providian