hidden

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Texas Texas
Washington Mutual
8585 N MACARTHUR BLVD. Irving, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-910-9803
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual Ripoff, Charges false fees and makes erroneous reports to chexsystems Irving Texas

I have had an account with Washington Mutual for 5 plus years. I have run hundreds of thousands of dollars through my account there. In March I sent my branch a letter stating that I had moved and there wasn't a Washington Mutual within an hour of me and that I needed to close my account. I got another bank account at a different bank. I left only a very small amount in my account in Washington Mutual and asked them to forward it after they closed it. Low and behold. They continued to keep the account open and racked up monthly charges and legal fees for an account that i closed for two more months. Then - without contacting me once - they charged off $128.00 and every dollar charged off was their fees.

I called the branch and spoke with the Manager Jennifer on June 19, 2008 who told me she was sorry but my account had not been closed because when she received the letter she isn't allowed to close accounts from the branch. Now Jennifer never called me or sent me a letter in reply. She just allowed more charges to add up and didn't let me know. I recorded my conversations with Jennifer in hopes the Main Office would see that I had in fact asked for my account to be closed.

Jennifer tells me i need to pay the $128.00, which in all honestly, I would pay to end this mess. But she states I will have a charge off report for 5 years and Washington Mutual will not remove it even if it is Wamu's mistake.

All i can say is that I have been a loyal customer that has run a lot of money through my accounts there and the minute I try to close my account they charge off $128.00 dollars and try to hurt my credit. Please beware of Washington Mutual and the manager at the irving location:

VALLEY RANCH FINANCIAL CENTER
8585 N MACARTHUR BLVD
IRVING, TX 75063-4112
(972) 910-9803
Manager: Jennifer Chavez

The sad part is the home office at Washington Mutual won't even talk to me - they send me to a recording for Chexsysytems.

Bret
Texas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual/Irving-Texas-76692/Washington-Mutual-Ripoff-Charges-false-fees-and-makes-erroneous-reports-to-chexsystems-Ir-342313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual