Complaint Review: Washington Mutual

• Submitted: Wed, July 28, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 01, 2005

• Reported By:white lake Michigan
Washington Mutual
washington mutual.com Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Washington Mutual home forclosure sale without notice Jacksonville Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Personal Responsibility. we all choose to live in the United States; a society built on capitolism.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: WAMU: Is NOT For the people.....

*UPDATE Employee: WAMU: Bank for the Elite republicans - not for the people

*Consumer Comment: Joseph - sounds to me like you work for the bank

*Consumer Comment: Are you joking?

shortly after refinancing my home with washington mutual I lost my job.I tried everyday for three months to contact them to work out a payment plan but never got ahold of anyone to help.

I was finally able to talk to the loss mitigation dept who said they mailed out forms three times which I never got.

they eventually forclosed on my house and now after 2 years of not accepting my payments I have found out they sold my mortgage and I have until 3 days before christmas to get out.

I still have only spoken with the correct person a total of MAYBE 4 times in 2 years.

there should be a law against this type of incompetence

Randall
White Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2004 02:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual/Jacksonville-Florida/Washington-Mutual-home-forclosure-sale-without-notice-Jacksonville-Florida-100933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

One doesn't have to be real estate savvy to understand that when you take out a loan you are personally responsible for paying that loan in a timely manner. That's what you signed for.

Many, many people have financial trouble and personal trouble; but it doesn't make it the banks responsibility to take care of you. A bank is out to make money, just like every other company in America, and no they're not going to hold your hand when bad things happen to you. It would be nice if people would, but that's just not the kind of world we live in.

If you have a perception that your bank cares; correct that now. It's just reality; they're out to make money while providing you a service. There are policies to how they're going to provide that service and if you signed a contract and don't follow through with that they have a right to take action.

May sound harsh, but we all choose to live in the United States; a society built on capitolism.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

WAMU: Is NOT For the people.....

AUTHOR: Sheri - (U.S.A.)

Well, I too worked for a company( Fidelity National Field Services in Ohio) that WAMU hired to handle ALL of their mortgage loans. My job was to look over the loan and to see if a payment was made and how many months the loan was behind. If the loan was ONLY 1 month (30 Days) behind I was told NOT to do anything. But when the loan became (31 Days) behind, I was told to send out a work order for the company contractors to go to the property to secure it for the bank. I really didn't understand WHY.

I spoke to my supervisor and asked is there any other way to handle this? But my supervisor (Jayson) told me that I could send out a (5 Day letter) and see if anyone calls to work out payments. It WASN'T calling me to set up a payment plan. It was calling a call center (IN ANOTHER STATE). Plus the letter's that I was sending out wasn't coming from my office but was printed out at another office and mailed out from there too. But after the ( 5 DAYS) (NOT COUNTING WEEKENDS) then I had to lock and board up the property.

But there are loans out there that would be more that (3 years or more) behind and NOTHING was done to the loan or property. I've sent out letters for these loan also with NO ONE CALLING to work anything payment plan.

I really hate to know that people lose their homes and I'am the one that lock them out. So I want to say GOOD LUCK to anyone that have their loan with WAMU. You're going to need it.

WAMU: Bank for the Elite republicans - not for the people

AUTHOR: Marta - (U.S.A.)

Well, I do work for WAMU in Orlando and it really bothers me to see how those who already are privileged get the breaks. Several of the leading republicans are always late on their loan payments, but we are instructed to waive their penalties month after month. Lou Pearlman's contributions to the republican party get funneled from his account to these same people and I feel like I am part of a money laundering scheme. How can this be right?

Joseph - sounds to me like you work for the bank

AUTHOR: Bobby - (U.S.A.)

ive seen alot of rebuttals and some of them are right on the money, and others are like yours, idiots that say the things you have said need to be working for that bank, granted the person had 2 years, but still doesnt mean they were not ripped off, most people are not savvy when it comes to real estate, and it looked to me as though you werent either, and by seeing your reply the way it is, you are still angry about it, so no need to brow beat someone coming here to post a ripoff.

Are you joking?

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

You didn't make payments for two YEARS and you're complaining that they took your house? I can't believe that isn't a typo. And now they've given you until Christmas to get out of there? You are pretty lucky if I have those facts straight.

The main point people seem to miss when they fall on hard times is that the banks don't owe you a thing. You owe them. And if you can't pay they aren't required to make other arrangements with you. That's the point of the mortgage. Just a little education for you.

We've all been through hard times. When I lost my job several years ago I SOLD MY HOUSE right away. I knew I couldn't afford the mortgage payment and I wasn't going to pretend otherwise. I rented for a few years before I could buy again. The point is--I took action and didn't expect the bank to hold my hand and make it all better.

I don't think WAMU did anything wrong here.