Complaint Review: Washington National Insurance long term care

• Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: Maria — kinnelon New Jersey USA
Washington National Insurance long term care
P.O 41090 Rochester, New York United States of America

Washington National Insurance long term care Hire Family Progressive Multiple Sclerosis since 1996 Rochester, New York

In 1995 I bought long term care (LTC) through Teacher union. I paid approximately $600 monthly to Kathy Buttons, care advisor at Washington National Long term care. In January 2003 left my job for medical reasons and  charged with inefficiency. In 2005 Ms Bittons called me and said premiums were completed and private caregivers were approved so the WN sent nurses to my hone every six months to asses level of care and disease progression. I was awarded 24hrs a day 7days a week. My care began to diminish to 16hrs then 13 hrs. when WN began to tax me as an employer and care takers through Hire Family, sister company who caregivers had to call in and out their shift per day.

My past caregivers were professional and skilled in exercise physical for balance and leg strength. However I called a former caregiver for a recommendation and did not have a referral. I was stuck with strangers who were not skilled. The first, Crystal Bernier, mother of 9year old and unavailable times requested was hired  4/15/2012 to 4/28/2012. The second Velma Aguilar 4/21/2012 to6/30/2012 who stole $200, broke dehumidifier, bedroom lamp and 2 outdoor oil lamps for bugs.

I complained to Hire family almost each day and when they were fired I called and told Kathleen Rooney, case advisor to warn her but to no avail. When they both were let go, Bernier wrote a letter that WN would send to me, that she did not work the 13hrs a day and the other called with a complaint too.

I have 2 threatening letters letters from WN insurance. The first was signed by Vice President Regulatory
Angela Hoteling, second(who got a raise) to Regulatory)Jennifer Obstaczyk, former care advisor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-National-Insurance-long-term-care/Rochester-New-York-14604/Washington-National-Insurance-long-term-care-Hire-Family-Progressive-Multiple-Sclerosis-si-965766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington National Insurance long term care