• Report: #452076

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Chester Virginia
Watch Repair USA
203 Long Beach Rd, Suite D Island Park, New York U.S.A.

Watch Repair USA Did repair work that was substandered and replaced band with cheap one. Island Park New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Work performed was what was prescribed

I have a Citizen Auland Sport Diving Watch. I asked watch repairs usa at http://www.watchrepairsusa.com/contact.php to do some work on it for me. Well they did the work but when they replaced the band they gave me a cheap after market one that was worth about $2.00. Well after talking to them they wonted to charge me more for the right one when I have found the correct one for about the same price. I found the correct band at this address http://watchpartsusa.com/category/286724261/1/Citizen-Watch-Bands.htm Anyway watch out they ae misleading about this part of there service. Also you would think for about $100.00 in repairs they would at least polish and clean the watch. Nothing was done. Buyer beware!!!!

Ron
Chester, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Watch-Repair-USA/Island-Park-New-York-11558/Watch-Repair-USA-Did-repair-work-that-was-substandered-and-replaced-band-with-cheap-one-I-452076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Watch Repair USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Work performed was what was prescribed

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

Ron,

As we have spoken a few times directly, I would like to reiterate what was said during our conversation:

1. The watch band which we installed was not worth 2 dollars, which is an exagerration. We priced out an aftermarket "divers style" band for you in the estimate. You agreed to the estimate before any work was performed.

2. We do not polish your watch case unless an overhaul is performed. The reason being is simple: the only time we remove the movement from the case is during an overhaul. If we tried to polish it with the movement inside the case, the vibrations would damage the watch. Additionally, polishing was not in your estimate, so there is no grounds for a complaint there.

We always provide a clear, honest estimate before any work is performed at which point the customer can decline or accept. I hope this can clear up any misunderstandings. Thanks!