reporters

• Submitted: Mon, February 08, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, November 07, 2011

• Reported By: Karl — Sparta New Jersey United States of America
Watch Repair USA
Watch Repairs USA 100 N. Centre Ave, Suite 304 Roc Internet United States of America

Watch Repair USA Adam Carpentieri Claimed to be able to make minor repairs to my watch. Upon receipt stated that major overhaul was necessary to ascertain working order of a fully functioning watch. I had been using the watch Internet

*Consumer Comment: Watch repairs

I telephoned this company regarding two minor repairs to a watch I own. 1 I needed a band replaced. 2 The watch hands had lost their "glow in the dark" coating. The firm agreed they could effect the repairs, with no further metnion to any other conditions.

Upon receipt of my watch I was informed that I needed a $199 overhaul, new Crystal and number of other repairs to my watch. when I attempted to renegotiate the repair I was told that only t he watch hand replacement was optional.

I contact the firm by phone to attempt to negotiate a ammicable solution to the situation and was told that they were required to effect the major overhaul before they could repair my watch as per the watch manufactureres stipulation.

I declined the repair and now will have to pay a shipping fee to have my watch returned.

The whole process is an obvious scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Watch-Repair-USA/internet/Watch-Repair-USA-Adam-Carpentieri-Claimed-to-be-able-to-make-minor-repairs-to-my-watch-Up-566257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Watch Repair USA

Watch repairs

AUTHOR: Matt - (United States of America)

Sir, your entry you have submitted is lacking information and invalid. I have personally used this website and could not disagree with you more. First off, this company offered me and the rest of there customers, free shipping to send my watch in as well as a free inspection. Prior to using this website, my car broke down and I had to pay for my car to get towed to the shop and pay for them to run a diagnostic check, which took them 5 minutes. As you can imagine, watch repairs put a large smile on my face. When i heard back from watch repairs, they told me the repair on the frst watch i sent in needed an overhaul and the second watch needed a battery and crystal. I could simply not afford the overhaul so i had it shipped back, while the second repair i easily paid online. Although i had to pay for the shipping on the first watch, i still had gained the knowledge on the problems with the watch. Maybe you are used to a free lunch sir, but i appreciate a square meal.