Complaint Review: Watch Repair USA

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Albuquerquer New Mexico
Watch Repair USA
4940 Merrick Road #262, Massapequa Park, NY 11762 Nationwide U.S.A.

Watch Repair USA Didn't seal a water resistant dive watch Massapequa Park New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No record of this customer exists

*Consumer Comment: WHY?

I sent my Luminox water resistant diver watch for 200 meters to WatchrepairUSA to have the battery changed and the watch resealed. I paid to have the watch resealed so it would be water resistant again.

I got the watch back and went on a cruise. The first time I swam with the watch the seals didn't hold and the watch stopped working. WatchrepairUSA did not seal my watch and now it is broken.

I sent the watch back on October 24, 2008 after they said they would either fix, replace or pay for the watch. It is now December 17, 2008, and I am being told that I should not have swam in the ocean with the watch. I had before and it was find that is why I buy a dive watch.

Almost two months later I still don't have my watch, fix or replace or the money.

Lyn
Albuquerquer, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Watch-Repair-USA/nationwide/Watch-Repair-USA-Didnt-seal-a-water-resistant-dive-watch-Massapequa-Park-New-York-402298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Watch Repair USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No record of this customer exists

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

Lyn,

We are following up to make sure you have had a good outcome with this situation. Unfortunately given the information provided we cannot find you in our records. If you could, please confirm that you sent us your watch, and what name this repair was under. Thank you!

WHY?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Why didn't you send it back to luminox?