butter

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Anchorage Alaska
Watch Repairs USA
203 Long Beach Rd, Suite D Island Park, New York U.S.A.

Watch Repairs USA Assured me they could do a battery change on Dive Watch but then couldn't - then wanted $22 to ship it back Island Park New York

I spoke with this company a couple times on the phone before I sent them my Citizen Aquamarine dive watch. The watch needed a battery change and then a represurizing. I've had the battery changed before so I asked if they had the presurizing equipment. I was told they did. I also told them that I was leave on vacation in about a month to six weeks. They told me they should be able to get the watch repaired and back to me within that time.

I sent them the watch and then didn't hear anything from them. A week later I called back. The lady who I had talked to before checked with the repair guys and told me I'd be getting an estimate with in the next two day via email. No estimate. I called back a week later and spoke to the same lady. She again checked with the repair guys and said I'd be getting an estimate via email the next day. Two or Three days later, I got the estimate that told me they could not fix the watch.

I called back to find out the problem and was told I needed a new "Module" or "capsule" (or something like that) and that they couldn't get the part. It seemed like a very generic name for a specific part. The wanted $22 to ship the watch back to me. They told me that I'd have to send the watch to Citizen for repairs. We made arrangements for them to send the watch to Citizen at the same cost. Now...I live in Alaska and Citizen in in California. UPS charges are much greater for Alaska then to California.

I didn't hear anything from either Watch Repairs USA or Citizen for more than 8 weeks. I had to email Watch Repairs for a tracking number. I contacted Citizen who did indeed have the watch. Then told me the watch needed a typical battery change which includes gaskets and sensors. I asked them about the bad "Module" or "Capsule" and they didn't know what those parts were.

Before I sent my watch to Watch Repairs USA, I found one negative report and it turned out being from Rip-Off-Report. They guy had a very simular problem.

This company seems to have a trend. They make a money on the return shipping.

Jim
Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Watch-Repairs-USA/Island-Park-New-York-11558/Watch-Repairs-USA-Assured-me-they-could-do-a-battery-change-on-Dive-Watch-but-then-couldn-464661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Watch Repairs USA