Complaint Review: Watchrepair.net

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped in Albama — Fort Payne Alabama United States of America
Watchrepair.net
8130 Glades Rd Suite 216, Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Watchrepair.net Jeff Herman Has my wife's watch will not return calls. Jeff Herman Rip Off Scam Do Not Trust this Guy Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Problem resolved. Great repair! Better communication needed.

After several conversations with Jeff Herman, owner of watchrepair.net, I overcame my hesitancy and around Dec 1 2012 I sent my wife's Rolex to Jeff for the Special $369.00 service and tune-up. Like others I have since read about, he calld me within a couple of days and outlined additional charges and repairs that were needed. He even sold me on replacing the face of the watch with a Mother of Pearl and diamond face for an EXTRA $290 bringing the total to over $ 1000, with the assurance that I would receive the watch back in time for Christmas. We spoke on or about Dec 18 and again I was assured the watch would be overnighted to me at his cost if need be in order to have it in time for Christmas. It never showed up !

Since Christmas I have spoken to him twice with excuse after excuse and promise after promise. Last promise was that the watch would be here Friday the 11th of Jan. Still no watch I have emailed at least five times and called at least 6 times this weekend and have had no response and still have no watch. I called the Boca Raton Police Dept and they said they have had numerous inquiries about this guy over the past couple of years. Should have gone with my gut initially. This guy is a con man and Rip Off. Have since called a couple of his BOGUS referrals and verified in my own mind that he is simply a Con Man. Beware !!! He has a slick warming manner and can con you in spite of your gut reservations. Don't even contact him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Watchrepairnet/Boca-Raton-Florida-33434/Watchrepairnet-Jeff-Herman-Has-my-wifes-watch-will-not-return-calls-Jeff-Herman-Rip-Of-996167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Watchrepair.net

Problem resolved. Great repair! Better communication needed.

AUTHOR: Ripped in Albama - (United States of America)

Received my wife's watch today, and the repair appears to be top quality and the watch looks like new. Wish communication had been better so that I would not have gotten so concerned that I was being ripped off. Sending a $2500 watch off to a stranger is very scary, and then when promises made we're not kept and no reassuring communication was forthcoming, the fear began to create great concern and anxiety. In the end Jeff Herman and watchrepair.net came through with GREAT results, but I urge Jeff to communicate with his first time customers better, especially afte they leave several voicemails and send several emails as I did.