Complaint Review: Wawa Digital

• Submitted: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 17, 2006

• Reported By:Summerville South Carolina
Wawa Digital
wawadigital.com Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Wawa Digital ripoff Rude & Threatening Brooklyn New York

I received information about this company through and it had many good reviews, but I think WAWA Digital wrote them all. I attempted to purchase a digital camera from them and they sent an email requesting a phone call for confirmation, as well as leaving two phone messages at my residence. When I got the salesman, Scott at extension 204, on the phone all he attempted to do was sell me more items. When I told him I just wanted the camera, he began very rude, loud and beligerent. When I told him that I would just cancel the order, he said that he was going to charge my card $70.89 cancellation fee for my attitude. I tried to reason with him and then requested to speak with his supervisor when he hung up. I called back and spoke with James at extension 201 and explained the apparent misunderstanding with Scott and then James became rude and beligerent (I actually think it was the same guy). I explained that it was not good business for them to have such poor customer service and again requested to speak with a supervisor. James then told me he was the owner of the company. He also said they would send me a bill for the $70.89 and when I didn't pay it they would ruin my credit. He said that he had my social security card, which I never gave them. While on the phone with him, I mysteriously received an email from Wawa Digital saying that my order was cancelled because they did not have it in stock and apologized for the inconvience.

Well, of course I didn't feel comfortable with them and I contacted my bank's customer service representative, who was very nice and polite and explained the situation with her. She said they had not charged my card as of that moment and recommended that I report the card as lost so they would no longer have access to my account. My opinion is that Wawa Digital is a sweat shop telemarketing room full of rude people who obviously can't get jobs anywhere else. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!! My only mistake has been not checking the Rip-off report first.

Kimberly
Summerville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wawa-Digital/Brooklyn-New-York/Wawa-Digital-ripoff-Rude-Threatening-Brooklyn-New-York-187094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wawa Digital