Complaint Review: Wawanesa Insurance Company USA

• Updated: Sat, April 03, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa K — San Diego California United States of America
Wawanesa Insurance Company USA
9050 Friars Rd. San Diego, California United States of America

Wawanesa Insurance Company USA Francine R. Lanser Clam Adjuster Rude & Very Unprofessional San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Open YOUR EYES!

I just filed a cliam with Wawanesa because my car got stolen a week ago and was recoverred two days later.  I was assigned Francine R. Lanser as an adjuster.  On the first call (phone interview) on 3/9/10 with Francine, I felt like I'm a criminal.  When she pull my record; there has been claim that my brother file when his car got stolen at his work parking lot.  But since we live in the same address; the report got pulled.  He has a different policy with a diffferent company.  None of the car was under Wawanesa's policy but since we lived in the same address it was pull up on my record too.  She makes comments like " oh your bother is unemployed and still have a car to drive?"  When I told her that he just move in with me becuase he got layoff from his work.  I felt like; she's not trying to help me and already accused me of fraudulant before the process even started.  How can I go to her for help.  The incident is out of my control and I cannot help it.  We just happen to live in a neighborhood that has a higer auto thelf rate; that why we pay a higher premium.

Anyway, I'm very dissatisfied with Wawanesa and the people that work there is being very unfriendly and rude.  I will try to find a new insurance.  Oh, someone hit my car at the supermarket parking lot and she has Progressive as a coverage.  I contacted Progressive and the rep/adjuster was very nice and helpful.  He make sure that my car was fixed and even arranged a rental car while my car was at the shop.  He also followup to make sure that everything was complete.  I was very happy with Progressive for their service even though I'm not even their customer/policy holder.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wawanesa-Insurance-Company-USA/San-Diego-California-92108/Wawanesa-Insurance-Company-USA-Francine-R-Lanser-Clam-Adjuster-Rude-Very-Unprofessional-579919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wawanesa Insurance Company USA

Open YOUR EYES!

AUTHOR: Django - (USA)

Try to be objective and look at it from the insurance company's point of view: The fact is you have already had one vehicle stolen from your address. It doesn't matter if it was owned by someone else with different insurance. All the insurance companies are linked up to same anti-fraud databases, so they know about other claims. The propensity for greed, fraud & monetary gain is unfortunately a reality when it comes to claims like this...done it once, will do it again. People who are unemployed (like your dear innocent brother) tend to try to get out of their car payment by pretending their car was stolen. It amazes me that people who try to commit fraud think that their insurance company hasn't seen this before, like a thousand times over. After a while, they kinda know what claims are suspicious and what circumstances tend to clue them in--like other claims and other drivers in the same household. Stop being such a crybaby and just get on with it and get you claim over with. Hopefully you're not trying to defraud Wawanesa Insurance, but in this financial climate, there's a lot of that happening. Open your eyes.