Complaint Review: Wawanesa insurance

• Reported By: Dave — Ripon California United States of America
Wawanesa insurance
San Diego, California United States of America

Wawanesa insurance Hope you don't have a claim San Diego, California

On July 29, 2011. I was involved in an accident with a Wawanesa insured driver. The other driver came across the double yellow line and hit my truck and trailer. The police report listed the Wawanesa insured vehicle as the sole cause of the accident.

Six weeks later and here I sit, waiting for them to accept responsibility. I faxed them the police report 5 weeks ago. I have called them 11 times and the claims agent will not answer the phone. Instead they screen all there calls with promises to call you back. Occasionally they call you back just to tell you they are still investigating the claim. The police report was very clear and cited several vehicle codes the other driver broke as the sole cause of the accident.

I had a Dodge truck and a Fleetwood trailer involved in the wreck. I had full coverage on the truck and liability on the trailer. The truck was totaled and State Farm had a check to me in less than a week, minus my $1000 deductible. The trailer has significant damage but should be repairable.
State Farm will handle going after them for reimbursement of the truck. I called my State farm claims agent advice on dealing with Wawanesa. I was told they are in the same boat as me. Wawanesa won't answer the phone. They fully expect it will be a long road to recover lost funds and my deductible.

This whole thing has been a lot of BS. All they are doing is stalling at my expense. It's kind of ironic. I am dealing with two insurance companies that couldn't be more different. State Farm is great. They really seemed to care. Real people answer the phone and are happy to answer questions, they are simply the best at what they do. Wawanesa is at the other end of the spectrum.

I called the California insurance board to find out my rights. That was a waist of time. After a few moments on the phone it was clear I almost have no rights. According to them I have the right to sit and Waite and Waite and then Waite some more. It was made very clear this is not an agency for consumers. It's sole purpose is to protect bad insurance companies. How sad our tax dollars are being wasted like this. what a joke and it on us taxpayers.

I looked into small claims court as an option, Six to nine month back log and I can't sue for as much as I have lost. they have a 5,000 limit.

So at this point I figure I am in the hole about 6,500 hundred dollars and all I can do is start filling out complaint forms.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wawanesa-insurance/San-Diego-California-92108/Wawanesa-insurance-Hope-you-dont-have-a-claim-San-Diego-California-773226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wawanesa insurance