Complaint Review: Wayfair.com

• Updated: Sun, August 11, 2013

• Reported By: JG in AZ — Peoria Arizona
177 Huntington Ave., Suite 6000 Boston, Massachusetts USA

Wayfair.com Wayfair, LLC Return Policy Ripoff Boston Massachusetts

I purchased 2 rugs from Wayfair for $134 including "free" shipping. The rugs were advertised as having "jute backing" which actually means "no backing at all". The cost was about double what rugs of comparable quality (but with REAL backing) would have cost but I liked the pattern so I took a chance, thinking I'd return them (at my cost) if I didn't like them. When the rugs arrived and slid all over my hardwood floors, it was return time. So, here's where Wayfair gets you: They not only charged me for return shipping (which I'm not upset about); they also charged me for their original "free" shipping, making the cost of returning the rugs $70--more than half the purchase price!!!

Wayfair's "customer service" people took a "this is our policy...too bad/so sad" approach when I contacted them, sending me noithing more than pre-fab, scripted responses.

I know I'm spoiled by Amazon. They understand, as an online retailer, that returns are part of the cost of doing business and they'r fair about them. Wayfair doesn't get this. Yes, sometimes online retailers are going to lose money on a given transaction. But. they'll keep customers coming back if they understand they're in the business of selling products sight unseen so returns are going to happen. If Wayfair wants customers to "take a chance" on liking their products once they arrive, that's not going to happen if they penalize buyers with a 50% "thanks for gambling--but you LOSE" return policy. They need to change or go OUT OF BUSINESS!

If you want to gamble, go to Vegas and take your chances. But DON'T play "Wayfair Roulette" with your hard-earned money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2013 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayfaircom/Boston-Massachusetts-02115/Wayfaircom-Wayfair-LLC-Return-Policy-Ripoff-Boston-Massachusetts-1074853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayfair.com