Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of Court

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 31, 2003

• Reported By:Sterling Hts Michigan
Wayne County Friend Of Court
645 Griswold Room 323 Penobscot Bldg Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend Of Court dumb asses who will not get it! Detroit Michigan

We have had an ongoing problem with the Wayne County Friend of Court for approximately 6 years.

At the age of 13 the child came to live with my wife and I. We then sent a letter stating such, it was signed by both the biological mother and myself, the biological father. As instructed by an employee of the Friend of Court. It was agreed by all parties that I would no longer pay child support to the mother since I was supporting the child in my home.

There was no problems until tax time came. We then got a letter stating that we were in arrearages and that they were going to take our tax returns. We then tried on numerous occasions to contact them with no success, due to their lovely phone system.

I was left no choice but to send them a letter, which I included all of the paperwork to substantiate my point, they did indeed mail a letter back to me saying that I had to come down and pick up a piece of paper to change physical custody and to have both parties sign and to have it witnessed, along with a $20.00 money order for processing.

Well, to make a long story short, I never received a court date, they kept my $20.00 money order and also took my income tax check for 2001. I was sent a letter approximately 2 months ago saying that my account had been cleared up and that I only owed a balance of $76.89 and my account would be closed. (which is still not correct) I just received a letter last week stating that I am in arrearages of $1166.00 and therefore they are going to offset my income tax return. UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

Needless to say they still have this all screwed up and I cannot straighten it out.

Lost & Unable to Communicate.
Sterling Heights, MI

Sterling Hts, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2003 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-Court/Detroit-Michigan/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-Court-dumb-asses-who-will-not-get-it-Detroit-Michigan-51123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend Of Court