Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of The Court

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2003

• Reported By:Stone Mountain Georgia
Wayne County Friend Of The Court
Penobscot Bldg. Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend Of The Court ripoff victimized many government corruption Detroit Michigan

My ex and I were divorced in 1991 in Pennsylvania. She still resides there and I have since moved to Georgia. Although we share custody of our two daughters (now 17 & 21), she is the custodial parent of record in PA. Now my two daughters live here with me and my new wife here in Georgia. This is after their mother has been in & out of rehab spending the child support $$$ on booze.

However, the problem is that the friend of the court will only stop payments to her for child support with an official change of custody from Allegheny County in Pennsylvania. This will take several months in court ( because she is hurt that the children left her) and sveral thousand dollars in attorney's fees, plane trips to Pittsburgh and Detroit. All of this to fix a situation that will be over with in June 2004 when my youngest turns 18.

In the meantime, They want me to continue paying my ex $523.00 every two weeks for ONE child that's not even in her care. Sure, I could spend the money, take off of work & travel to these courts, but there's got to be a better, more logical way to deal with this.
I'll listen to any credible suggestions that'll help.

Stone Mountain, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2003 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48202/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court-ripoff-victimized-many-government-corruption-Detroit-Mich-60981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend Of The Court