Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of The Court

• Submitted: Tue, October 12, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 12, 2004

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
Wayne County Friend Of The Court
Griswold Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend Of The Court rip-off! Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Court needs to be in Hall of Shame

I have a complaint with 2 cases down at the Friend of the court. First of all I am a female and my son resides with his father. I agreed to pay him $30 a week for child support. This was in July of 04. The FOC claims that I am in arrearage already when the case just began. They are garnishing $50 from my check and continuously sending me threats in the mail if I do not take care of the $350 and change arrears.

I contacted a lawyer and ask why am I being threated to bring down an arrears that should not be there? He told me that they were taking $50 as opposed to the $30 to get the arrears down. They have not added one cent to the arrears from the extra $20 that they are taking from me. I want to know why and I want to know where is this money going because it is not going to my sons father and it is not going to the arrears. Who is pocketing my money and my sons money?

My second concern is that I am currently receiving child support for my other son. It takes the FOC months to send out the money and when I call in and question where are the payments that are being deducted from his check, all they tell me is to call his job, which I did and the employer said we have been sending out the payments. After me raising a fuss here comes the check. Why does FOC hold this money for these babies and how come they garnish $50 and only send the father $25 and threaten to garnish me more if the arrears is not taken care of?
In 2003, FOC stopped sending me checks claiming that they did not have my address. I had gotten a check a week before but from that week to the next they lost my address and held my checks for 2 months. How can you suddenly lose an address that you had for a little over a year?

I have been dealing with FOC for about 6 years now and you could not pay me to turn in any fathers I may have in the future because you will get more from the Dad. Dealing with friend of the court means that they will hold the childs money indefinitely and you can never get any answers as to where the money is.

Dione
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2004 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court-rip-off-Detroit-Michigan-112566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend Of The Court

Court needs to be in Hall of Shame

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I here to often from both sides of the fence. Men pay their support yet mothers never get a check. Then there's men who don't pay. The court does nothing to help anyone. It says its all about the kids,then why aren't they giving up the money to support these children. I have called several news stations about these on going problems with the Wayne County FOC, not one of them will attempt to look into it. Someone needs to do something before a tragedy happens. When you are left to deal with this mess they created it puts alot of stress on the entire family. My husband paid up his entire arrear balance and never missed a payment and they say he's still in arrears. We have all the reciepts but noone down there will give us the time of day to look at them. I think you are better off handling it with the EX instead of using the court. Good luck to everyone out there that has do deal with this!