Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend of the Court

• Submitted: Wed, November 27, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, December 01, 2002

• Reported By:Detroit MI
Wayne County Friend of the Court
645 Griswold Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend of the Court ripoff slow prossessing Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: File a Motion

Mr. Almon and I were married for 13 years living in the same household since my son was 4 years old. I owed the Friend of the Court because Mr. Almon received assistance from the State before we were married. We got married May 22, 1990 and divorce August 15, 2002. Ok, I agree that I owed the Friend of the Court, but not $23,000.00 as if I were missing and not taking care of my child.

They have been garnishing my wages and taking our tax refunds as well as I was sending payments to the Friend of the Court. The balance owed to the Friend of the Court went from a $5000 dollar figure to a $23,000.00 dollar figure. I have paid so much money on this one case that I have a credit with the Friend of the Court and they are still garnishing my check every week. My son is now 18 years of age.

I have requested to know how much money I have paid on this one case and can never get a response. If somebody would actually take a look at the case from 1990 up to this day, year 2002, I probaly would receive a refund so big that I probaly could retire at age 36. The bottom line is I was never a missing parent as well as we were married. The money at one point was going in a circle.

Stephanie
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2002 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-of-the-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Wayne-County-Friend-of-the-Court-ripoff-slow-prossessing-Detroit-Michigan-36443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend of the Court

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a Motion

AUTHOR: sean - ()

You can probably shave off all the arrearage after you two were married, by filing a motion. Maybe even more, if you can prove that you were on the public assistance grant with the father. If so, get a letter from FIA( Family Independence Agency). Provide the letter and your marriage certificate along with your motion. You can either hire an attorney or file your own motion. Wayne County has a motion form that you can complete yourself, called Motion to Change Support Order. Hope this helps.