Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend of the Court

• Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Thisisnotajoke — Michigan United States of America
Wayne County Friend of the Court
645 Griswold Internet United States of America

Wayne County Friend of the Court THEY KEEP LOSING MY PAPERWORK AND AS A RESULT I MAY LOSE MY HOUSE!! Internet

After a long 2 years battling my ex husband's outrageous lies and games (saying he was unemployed while in fact he was making 350K!!), we finally filed a Uniform Support Order (USO) that was accurate.  This was filed in early March.  It is August, and I am still waiting for any child support!

The issues:
- My ex husband (while unemployed) wrote a check to FOC to cover the next two years of miniscule payments, totaling 20K or so.  Remaining balance is 17 K.  Thats right, Friend of the Court is hanging on to the $17K that I desperately needed for extremely expensive child care and medical treatment for my kids (which reaches about $1000 per month).

-FOC "lost" the March paperwork.  At the end of April, it was resubmitted.
-FOC "lost" the April paperwork.  At the end of June it was resubmitted.

When I called the self help hotline, I see that they entered the paperwork as of June 20.  Now, instead of having a $17k credit, my ex owes me $86K.  EIGHTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS.  This is correct because he has been making more than a quarter of a million dollars a year, moved out of state, ignores his kids, and refuses to help with their one activity - gymnastics - or pay for medication because "i should be able to cover it" with my salary, which is a remote FRACTION of what he makes!

Guess what, I cannot make it.  And this last 6 months of waiting for FOC to get their act together has caused me to enter debt negotiation.  Did I mention I needed a new roof, air conditioner, and furnace as well in the last year? It has been rough.

All I want is to be able to pay the babysitter (as you know, extremely expensive in the summer since there is no school) so I can keep my job, and getting a check for that $17K they are simply "holding" for reasons unknown would solve many problems, and preserve a shred of dignity I may feel in being able to pay my bills.

I have emailed them - they NEVER respond.  I filed a grievence - NO ONE RESPONDED. My attorney has emailed the attorney hotline multiple times.. NO RESPONSE.

I am disgusted with this organization.  They stand in the way of families.  They are ruining us and hurting my children. Please send us our MONEY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-of-the-Court/internet/Wayne-County-Friend-of-the-Court-THEY-KEEP-LOSING-MY-PAPERWORK-AND-AS-A-RESULT-I-MAY-LOSE-923620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend of the Court