Complaint Review: Wayne County, Michigan Friend Of The Court

• Submitted: Sat, July 05, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2003

• Reported By: Michigan
Wayne County, Michigan Friend Of The Court
645 Griswold Avenue, Penobscot Building Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County, Michigan Friend Of The Court Cheats Michigan children out of medical insurance due them the rip off business that doesnt give a dam victimized many consumers Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Medical Support

My complaint is regarding the health care my children are supposed to be receiving from their biological father.

On three occasions, I have taken the day off of work to go to the Wayne County Friend of the court regarding this issue. I have been provided with a health insurance card for my two minor children, however, because I am not the policyholder, when I call the insurance company, they refuse to discuss anything with me and refuse to allow me to set up a primary care physician for my children.

My ex-husband has been jailed in the past for domestic abuse, and he is not permitted to see the children because of his abuse of him. Each year, I have to renew a personal protection order to protect my children and I from his verbal, physical, sexual, and financial attacks. In view of this, I am not able to contact my ex-husband to resolve this issue.

Friend of the court has been given the information on all three occasikons, but to date they have not managed to get the appropriate information to my ex-husband's employer that will force both the company for which he works and the insurance company to acknowledge my need to be able to make provisions for health care for my children.

Friend of the Court just keeps sending out notification to my ex-husband's employer stating that he (ex-husband) is legally required to provide health care coverage for our two minor childre. That has already been done, but having an insurance card does not do me any good when I cannot make arrangements for the to actually be assigned a physician (the physicain they have used in the past has refused to provide care for them any longer, so I must change physicians).

Both of my children, but especially my daugher, desperately need medical care. It is now July, and for 7 months of this year, my children have not been able to access medical care because of this problem.

HELP!!!!!

Pamela s.
Allen Park, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2003 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Michigan-Friend-Of-The-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48101/Wayne-County-Michigan-Friend-Of-The-Court-Cheats-Michigan-children-out-of-medical-insuran-62796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County, Michigan Friend Of The Court

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Medical Support

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

Fax your information to the Friend of the Court at 313-237-9262. Put attention Operator #21, RE: Medical Enforcement.