Complaint Review: Wayne County Michigan Friend Of The Court

• Submitted: Sat, May 17, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, March 28, 2008

• Reported By:Sandston Virginia
Wayne County Michigan Friend Of The Court
Penobscot Bldg.,645 Griswold Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Michigan Friend Of The Court ripoff political corruption Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: The FOC is a waste of resources

*Consumer Comment: Welcome to hell

*Consumer Comment: Yeah right!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I AM A WOMEN AND I IADMIT THEY DO FAVORS WOMEN

*Consumer Comment: Kevin, Wayne County F.O.C. is not biased just to the WOMEN

*Consumer Comment: Wayne County, where the court rooms for Divorce court are always packed

*Consumer Comment: Its a WOMENS world at friend of the court

Wayne County Friend of the Court is slow, unresponsive and totally biased toward the mother. They do not give the father a chance to speak. In ny case, they have not given me a chance to speak, even though the mother has scammed to get child support.

The referees, or judges, or whatever title they choose to call themselves, are inconsiderate and do not listen to you. I hope no father has to deal with this kangaroo court. My attorney is loser also. All he cares about is his relationship with those clowns. Its a conspiracy. Every official you deal with is a woman.

Kevin
Sandston, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2003 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Michigan-Friend-Of-The-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Wayne-County-Michigan-Friend-Of-The-Court-ripoff-political-corruption-Detroit-Michigan-57352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Michigan Friend Of The Court

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The FOC is a waste of resources

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Eagle,

Your points are well taken. However, as an attorney practicing in Michigan, I consider the Friend of the Court system to be one of the biggest wastes of resources and most inadequately managed agencies going.

There really is no need for the FOC. The Circuit Court can render all the necessary orders and hold deadbeats in contempt. The FOC is nothing more than an unecessary middle-man that continually louses up and NEVER takes accountability for its screw ups, much less try to fix them.

We're about the poorest state going nowadays, and the notion of cutting certian services comes up all the time. It seems to me like getting rid of the FOC would be a good start.

AUTHOR: Eagle - (U.S.A.)

Here is one for you to decide if this man meets DEADBEAT criteria. The father of my youngest son, who is 11 years old, is behind $25,000 on my son's case up here in Ogemaw County Michigan. Yes, he qualifies for a felony charge for this amount which Ogemaw dropped the ball on. Now, he is behind, as of August of 2007 $70,000 on his two sons by a mother down in Wayne County. Which by the way, has not paid money on either of the two downstate in almost 19 years, one being old enough to stop paying on, IF he had paid on them to begin with. Again, this amount qualified for a felony and when he was charged and sentenced facing up to 5 years in prision, only did 4 months in the county jail and was released for overcrowding.

This same man, is 41 has 5 kids, 2 with the mom he owes over $70,000 to, my son which he owes $25,000 behind, and 2 he lives with and spends his paycheck on drugs(crack and cocaine) and so leaves it up to his girlfriend to support. My you, this man is an iron worker who get paid $16.oo per hour, (was making $22 an hour and STILL not paying). When he wa 19 worked 2 weeks on the books until he found out that they were going to take child support out and quit. Since, has only worked about $6 months on the books, until he found a employer that had a large inron working company and owned several comapnies in his name and when this employer would get a income withholding order on any of his men, not just my son't father but all of them oweing child spport, would bounce them to another one of his companies so the income Withholding Order wuldn't apply. Yes, this man got away with it even though they new for a fact that this man was doing this with several cases.

Okay, in case some of you are wondering, why I got pregnant with a man's baby that wasn't paying support on his first two. I was told that the only way the first mother would let him see his kids is if he gave her money directly. Which didn't excuse him from paying but, ended up being after getting close with the other mother, is all about money. Not to mention, the specialist had to me that because of the shape I was in with female medical problems, that my chances of getting pregnant were next to nothing. SURPRISE! Not true, here came my son. I tried to make the best of it for 3 years until I finally had enough of being beat on in front of my children and being cheated on and I left. So began the FOC bullshit and being in the boat the first mother was in of not getting support.

He has two more children with another mother down state that has stated to me and the other mother to get off his a*s and stop asking for support so he can support her two. Not to mention, when he was working on the books for 6 months he had that same employer putting the checks in his girlfriend name so that child support couldn't be taken out.

Has nothing to do with his first three kids unless he thought he was going to get in my pants or the other pants and when he found out he wasn't, didn't want to see his kids. NOT EXAGERATTING! When we split, he was only living less than a mile from me and our son, in the same park, and STILL refused to come see our son. I have been battleing this man for over 11 years for not just support but to come see our son when he wasn't high or drunk.

NOW, if the Non Custodial Parent that is paying support, do you still feel sorry for all men and still think it is all about us women? If you have any friends or relatives that don't pay their support or see their children through their own choice, get on their a*s and tell them that they are what makes the rest of you paying look bad. Also, to you ignorant people that think it is funny to HIDE your employee so they don't pay support or hep their assests in your name to keep FOC from getting it, knock your s**t off and consider this: what if it was yur child going without or your grand child, would you still think it was funny?

Welcome to hell

AUTHOR: Leah - (U.S.A.)

Haven't posted lately or read but I decided to see what had been going on at the good ol' Wayne Co. FOC. Seems nothings changed. I have my own horror stories to tell but I'm really just trying to put them behind me and go on with my life. My kids and myself have suffered long enough due to the fact that I made the unfortunate decision to marry and divorce in Wayne Co. I guess my reason for posting now would be to just give all you poor souls a bit of advice. First, if you have the money, hire the best d**n family law attorney you can find. They are the only ones that can wade through the bureaucratic bullshit. If you can't afford a lawyer you really have to just go down there and be stubborn and rude like they are. Believe it or not I actually thought about going down there one time and chaining myself to the front door of the Penobscot Bld. just so I could maybe get the attention of a news channel or someone who could possibly help me. I though better of the idea considering my kids were still under the age of 18. I've managed to get a few things taken care of through a court clerk who I had met down there when I was ready to jump out a window. I won't say her name because she went above and beyond her job duties to help me. I just want her to know that I truly appreciate everything she did for me and I will always be grateful. So, in the end, just hang in there and don't give up. That's what they want you to do. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Yeah right!

AUTHOR: Jaime - (U.S.A.)

I can see why you might think that Det FOC would side with the mom's but you could never be more wrong! I have a case where after 3 1/2 years my sons father decided that he wanted to be a dad, so he started the court proceedings and I contacted my lawyer. I thought everything would have to go my way, I mean I had done this on my own since I was 18, what right does he have to buck up now. I went in there and the judge, A WOMAN, made me pay for all blood testing, half of his lawyer fees, almost gave him part. custody, and wouldn't even hear my side of the case nor listen to my lawyer that I was paying $150 a hour. In the end in order to make those fees go away and get full custody I had to drop 4 years of child support - the grand total of 13,000.00! Totally worth having full custody but still the same, I never did anything to stop him from seeing him - he denied my son, once he found out I was getting married BAM he's a DAD.

Now my son is almost 9, he sees his dad almost every other weekend, depending on if he has a girlfriend at the time. I'll give him credit for that. To avoid paying child support he works odd jobs just getting by. The courts say as long as he sees the child that OK. What kills me is I am a stay at home mom with my two kids...my husband pays for everything - roof over his head, heat, clothes, etc. - for a child thats not even his. While I have not received not a penny from his father in 5 yrs. So how am I - A WOMAN, benefiting from Wayne county? It seems to me that HE gets all the joys of my son and NONE of the responsiblity. As of today he OWES my son $16,000.00. Its not about the money, I don't need it to raise a man, I did it totally alone for 5 yrs, it's the principle...he gets to take half the credit for him and only does 25% of the work.

Yes, I'm glad of all the special treatment I have received.

Thank you Wayne county.

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

I would like to share my experiance with the Wayne county Friend of the Court. First off I would like to say that i am the father of a twelve yr old girl living in Detroit. I was served with papers for child support for my daughter a year after she was born, I went down to thier offices and informed them that her mother and I gave the the childs grand parents legal custady and that I was already paying them 25% of my gross income every week I gave the referee or whom every this woman was the case number and copy of the paper work from the probate courts. She had me sign some form and told me it would be taken care of.
ok fast forward 11 yrs I have a good paying job health benifets the whole nine yards. I had not seen my daughter the whole time I had no clue what she looked like. I had gotten married and had just returned from my honeymoon and was back to work when two of Wayne County's finest showed up at my job and told everyone I was a "Deadbeat DAD" and had not paid child support in eleven yrs I was taken away in handcuffs and spent the night in county lock up. well long story short I told the judge about the gaurdianship and about paying the 25% and was asked if I could provide any paperwork of it and said " no your honor I just spet the night in county and do not have it with me but i have it at home" well things turned into an episode of the Judge Judy show and I was give 21 days at Dickerson correction where r for not caring 11 yrs of recipes in my wallet or the gardianship orders. I was served with an order of protection by the mother while in Dickerson plus I had to pay the mother $11,000.00 cash once I was out I lost my home and job in Detroit because of this and am now living in Colorado with my mother in law waiting for someone to come and arrest me again for not paying Child support Because I can not find work in my field. It is hard for some one to pay 190.00 a week to FOC and another 25% of there gross income to two seperate individuals for the same kid and still make a living working at Mcdonalds. the courts dont listen to men the court appointed lawyers are a joke. After my case was heard I was told that I was lucky I only got 21 days and when I got out my new wife told me I had been fired by my Job BECAUSE THE MOTHER CALLED THEM and said i had threatemed her in court and about the only thing that keeps me from putting a gun in my mouth and ending it all now is that the mother of the child will have won and I wont let that happen

#11 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I AM A WOMEN AND I IADMIT THEY DO FAVORS WOMEN

AUTHOR: Darrlyn - (U.S.A.)

Right before we were married, my husband had a one night stand with a girl in the neighborhood he grew up with. they had a childsoon after we got married and also had a child. She harrased me constantly even though I helped her raised her child and we provided for them financially. My husband TOOK HER TO COURT SO THAT HE MAY PAY CHILD SUPPORT, because he no longer wanted to deal with her personally becaus eof all the harassment. When wee went to court, the judge intentionally kept calling to girl his wife to make me made. And told him it was not her fault that he left her to marry someone else. even though she knew it was a one-night stand. She ordered him to pay so much money that all his money goes to her and I support our family ( I was a stay home mom at the time). This individual quit her job the very next week and has not worked since. It has been almost 3 years. Plus most of my money goes to taking care of her child because she still doesn't. We also have to pay for babysitteres because she leavse her daughter with family members and doesn't pay them so they ask us for the money. I'm teacher and I barely can affors to live, my husband is depressed, and we are headed for a divorce all because the judge just assumed that the women is always right when it comes to child support.

Kevin, Wayne County F.O.C. is not biased just to the WOMEN

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

A few years back I accepted the decision of the Judge to have my ex pay $7.00 a week so he may go to school. This was to enable him to find a better Job. This " boy" still didn't pay the $28 dollars a month. I made several attempts to the courts after he had graduated and found a stock person job: after a year of mailing letters to the courts they finally give me a court date.
On this day they only set an amount for ONE of his children. This MALE judge said I had to go file papers stating the other child was his (he signed paternity)and to put this other child on his case. Once this paper was filed they wouldn't go back from when she was born, only for two years. This was back in 1998 now, he has been paying off his arrearage for the last four/five years, then quit his job. I have been contacting F.O.C. for 6 months wanting a show cause hearing,a bench warrant something to help me get some help from this "boy". I've faxed papers to them, I have heard nothing. Finally I get an irate call from the father of these children because they sent him a letter about paying support. whoopie! and still I have heard nothing from the FOC since I started contacting them in June of 2003. Kevin, the courts give us all problems not just MEN.

Wayne County, where the court rooms for Divorce court are always packed

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Agree with Kevin and Paul
John: Both Kevin and Paul are correct with their perception of the Wayne County Friend of the Court as well as the way Divorce is handled in the State of Michigan. In nine times out of ten, the judgement goes to the female, no matter what. This is especially true in Wayne County, where the court rooms for Divorce court are always packed. I have sent many letters to the Wayne County FOC in the last three months trying to find out WHY I all of a sudden have been receiving checks from them. I pay both child support and alimony every month. I am afraid they are going to come back to me and say they sent me these checks in error and need to repay it. I have had very limited contact with the FOC personnel and I can tell you that I would bet my bottom dollar none of them have had any training or education to be qualified to work in that evironment. Their voice mail message for their office states you either have to go there in person or write a letter in order to work out issues. I have yet to have a live person answer the phone at Wayne County FOC. There is no way I am going to Downtown Detroit in order to WAIT for some unintelligent person working there to tell me they cannot answer why all of a sudden I have begun receiving checks from them (even though I am the one paying every month). I have begun writing a grievence (following the process) towards the FOC system in Wayne County. Good luck to you both, Paul and Kevin. I know exactly what you are going through.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Paul, your response is typical inmate reasoning, Why is the judge at fault for finding you guilty of a crime you admit committing? Because she's female? And what does that have to do with her alleged responsibility for causing domestic violence? That seems to be your department, and I'd wager that's why you're (supposed to be) paying alimony and child support now. At least your ex-wife had enough sense to get out of the relationship alive. Now that you're out of jail, why don't you get off the internet and get a job, and pay to support your kid?

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Its a WOMENS world at friend of the court

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

If your a male in Michigan,might as well give up when friend of the court is involved,unless you have large sums of money.

Ther is no accountability in the friend of the courts.My judge was a female,MARY BETH KELLY,I was sitting in jail for an e-mail I sent to my ex-wife,which was non threatining,took them 6 months to bring charges,she had a PPO on me,so I was in fault.I was ordered to pay 125.00 a week while sitting in jail,no job,no income,no personal property,and 35.00 of the total is for alimony,the year before I had made under 10,000 dollars,while attending school.

I had no chance to defend myself against her,no notice of court date,while they knew I was sitting in jail.I am still ordered to pay the 125.00 a week,I am behind with a large amount,so I guess I am labeled as a dead beat dad,even though I pay what I can send.

Mary Beth Kelly,your the reason I have lost all respect for the court system,even true but sad,not knowingly,you are probably responcible for a lot of domestic violence.I cant help but beleive,that the accountability you have shown can do to some men,especially if there not in there right mind to start with.