Complaint Review: Wayne's Service Center

• Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By: dhilsdon — Ivanhoe Texas United States of America
Wayne's Service Center
8902 W State Highway 56 Savoy, Texas United States of America

Wayne's Service Center Lawn Mower, Repair, Sells, Wayne's, Service, Savoy Savoy, Texas

I purchased a Snapper zero turn mower, used, from Wayne's Service Center in the summer of 2010.  The mower ran well and work fine.  The first time mowing, the belt broke and Wayne said it was used to mow in the mud - it was not - he replaced the belt.  The same summer the front tire had to be replaced from dry rot, at my expense.  Near the end of that summer the rear drive pully assembly broke.  While inspecting the weld to repair, it was noticed the bracket had been previously welded but was not disclosed at the time of purchase.  Again I booted the cost for the repair.  Shortly after that repair, the front pulley bracket broke loose, again noticing it had been previously welded.  The mower was returned to Wayne's for a tune-up.  Wayne called me and said the mower was ready for pickup at $140.  My wife and I decided to see if Wayne would buy the unit back for a reasonable amount of the $1375 we purchased the unit for.  It had only mowed one season.  When my wife went to Wayne's the bill had risen to $241 and he offered only $200 for the mower - articulating to my wife the PTO would need replaced.  The PTO was fine, the bracket just needed welded.  Once again, a man taking advantage of a woman with mechanical issues.  I called Wayne and explained I was out of town and $200 was not a reasonable offer for the unit.  My wife had cashed the check and we were at his mercy.  I could have gotten more than $200 at the scrap yard.  This was a total rip-off, either at the initial purchase or with the buy-back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Waynes-Service-Center/Savoy-Texas-75479/Waynes-Service-Center-Lawn-Mower-Repair-Sells-Waynes-Service-Savoy-Savoy-Texas-915651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne's Service Center