Complaint Review: We Energies

• Reported By: angrypolishguy — Appleton Wisconsin United States of America
We Energies
Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America

We Energies Extorting me to pay someone else's bill Milwaukee, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: The answer is to have your girl friend, or you...being a nice guy...

I moved into a new address on November 1, 2011.  At my previous address, I was in good standing with We Energies where I payed my bills on time and was current.  When I moved into my new address with my current girlfriend, the electric bill was set up in her name unbeknownst to her or me.  My girlfriend did not authorize the account to be set up in her name, contrary to We Energies' claim.  She does, however, have an outstanding balance of over $500 dollars with the utility provider.

I attempted to get We Energies to switch the bill to my name, hence, I am the only one employed and pay all our bills, as I had at the previous address I lived at.  I have no feud with We Energies, and still am paying the current charges monthly to stay, well, current.  They refuse to render me services under may name, even though I am current with them. My girlfriend's balance is outstanding as of 2007, and as far as I am concerned, that is between her and We Energies.  Also, since I am also on the lease, and head of household, I don't see why this bill can't be in my name.  We Energies refuses to change it.  The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin gave me a run around.  I don't know what to do.  I just want to be recognized as a customer and pay my bill.

Let me know what I can do please.

Thanks,

Kamil

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/We-Energies/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-/We-Energies-Extorting-me-to-pay-someone-elses-bill-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-847680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on We Energies

The answer is to have your girl friend, or you...being a nice guy...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

pay the money she owes.  5 years outstanding shows a failure to address her responsibilities.