Complaint Review: We Laser Spa Skin and Body Care

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — Los Angeles California United States of America
We Laser Spa Skin and Body Care
4444 Lankershim Boulevard North Hollywood,, California United States of America

We Laser Spa Skin and Body Care stole from it's customers buy selling prepaid spa packages and then closing it's doors without refund or notification. North Hollywood, CA, California

I have been going to We Laser since I purchased a Groupon for laser hair removal earlier in 2012.  I thought We Laser was decent and priced well so I continued to get laser hair removal even after my Groupon was complete.  I decided to pre-purchase a laser hair removal package to add on to my Groupon and make my future appointment.  I purchased a package for $149.00 for a series of 3 bikini and 3 underarm sessions none of which I have used.

My appointment was on a Saturday and I had not recieved a confirmation call like I normally would from We Laser.  When I called to confirm my appointment was on their books I got an answering machine that said "We are closed till the end of the month".  After doing some investigation I have read that We Laser has closed and did not notify any of their customers about this.

May are in the same position I am wondering how we collect our money for services we never recieved.  I tried to file a claim with my CC but since there is not proof that the business has closed besides Yelp.com, they can not do anything for me.  Now I am out $149.00 which may not seem like a lot but it's upsetting.  How can businesses get away with this and steal people's hard earned money.  Any advice on how to get any recourse would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/We-Laser-Spa-Skin-and-Body-Care/North-Hollywood-California-91602/We-Laser-Spa-Skin-and-Body-Care-stole-from-its-customers-buy-selling-prepaid-spa-package-969780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on We Laser Spa Skin and Body Care