Complaint Review: We do fly balloons.com

• Updated: Tue, July 12, 2011

• Reported By: Linda C. — Crystal Lake Illinois United States of America
We do fly balloons.com
Fox River Grove, Illinois United States of America

We do fly balloons.com Windy City Balloon Port: We DON'T Fly Balloons!!! Fox River Grove, Illinois

I had the same experience as another reporter on July 3, 2011.  I scheduled a hot air balloon ride for the morning of July 3 and arrived at 4:10 a.m. (20 minutes early).  This was my 15th attempt to  schedule a flight.  All previous attempts were canceled since August 2009!  I originally purchased as a 20 year wedding anniversary gift for my husband and self.

There was another gentleman also waiting in the assigned meeting location, for a "minivan" to take us to the balloon port.  We waited for over one hour in the parking lot and no one ever showed from "We do flly balloons"! There was no message on their answering machine to indicate a cancelation and no one called our cell numbers we gave them.

Winds were 3-5 mph (not a leaf was moving on a tree!)  The website indicates they will fly in winds under 7-10 mph. It was a beautiful calm morning and evening prior!

I've made several attempts to contact the manager via email since July 3 and have not received a response.  You pay upfront for the flights and the tickets are "non refundable".  I will never recommend this company to anyone.  They don't fly and just keep putting you off.  Big Rip Off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/We-do-fly-balloonscom/Fox-River-Grove-Illinois-/We-do-fly-balloonscom-Windy-City-Balloon-Port-We-DONT-Fly-Balloons-Fox-River-Grove-752158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on We do fly balloons.com