Complaint Review: WeHaul Moving, Nationwide Relocation,Stefano Disorbo,Camille Weston

• Submitted: Mon, March 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 23, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
WeHaul Moving, Nationwide Relocation,Stefano Disorbo,Camille Weston
6245 Powerline Rd #202 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

WeHaul Moving, Nationwide Relocation,Stefano Disorbo,Camille Weston SCAM, MISLEADING ADVERTISING, LIARS Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: Good business experience

*UPDATE Employee: We Haul Moving

*Consumer Comment: That's a Pile and You Know it

*UPDATE Employee: We Haul Moving

*Consumer Suggestion: A Alliance not licensed?

WeHaul sales person, Camille Weston, VERY AGGRESSIVE in soliciting for my business. Original phone quote given on 12/22/2007 was $2,788. that she claimed was "guaranteed". She took a verbal inventory. I repeatedly told her that the household to be moved was approx 2000 sq feet with a two car garage. She said that they only needed to know about the large items that would not fit into boxes. I am convinced that she "lowballed" the cost estimate to get my business. I told her that I was not ready to decide.

She called again an hour before they were closing for the day on 12/31/2007 and advised that their rates were going up on the first of January 2008 and I could "lock in" the rate of $2,788. with a "deposit" of $950. She also assured that I would have 5 business days to cancel and get my deposit back even tho my move date was to be scheduled for January 5th, 2008.

On January 2nd, 2008 at approx 3:15pm Mt Time, another WeHaul rep, Lisa, called and stated that Camille Weston had under-estimated my inventory and that they
needed another "deposit" of $1300. Lisa assured me that in the end I would only pay according to the actual weight of my moving load. I was 3 hours driving time and on my way home when she called, so I did not have access to paperwork or the Internet. I told her to cancel my request and that I did not want to do business with them She then told me that they would keep my initial deposit of $950.

I felt between a rock and a wall! I asked both Lisa and Camille what WeHaul was being paid and neither one of them would or could answer the question. They contracted a local moving company to actually do the moving and packing, A Alliance Moving and Storage. I ended up paying WeHaul a total of $2,295.93 and A Alliance Moving an additional $3,186.21 for a grand total of $5,482.14. I was not provided with any kind of disclosure information or anything about the fees that WeHaul charges. We Haul charged approx 72% of the actual moving costs paid to A Alliance Moving. WeHaul has offered to refund $203.44!! How do they arrive at their charges??? Very Stressful!! What a RIPOFF!!! BEWARE!!

Peggy
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WeHaul-Moving-Nationwide-RelocationStefano-DisorboCamille-Weston/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/WeHaul-Moving-Nationwide-RelocationStefano-DisorboCamille-Weston-SCAM-MISLEADING-ADVER-314230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WeHaul Moving, Nationwide Relocation,Stefano Disorbo,Camille Weston

Good business experience

AUTHOR: SunflowerPower - (USA)

I have used WeHaul Moving for several moves between offices. Although they use separate companies for the actual moving, the prices have always been reasonable and straightforward. They provide a detailed invoice to their clients, so there should be no question about what the charges are for.

The sales people, I feel, are not overly aggressive, and not high-pressure like car salesmen. They are just trying to secure business in this tough economy.

We Haul Moving

AUTHOR: We Haul International - (U.S.A.)

The estimate increased due to the change in the estimate. The carriers within our network are licensed and insured and do not bid on our jobs.

That's a Pile and You Know it

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

If that were the case, then why did the shipper get a call indicate We Haul personnel underestimated the total for the move and that she would need to provide an additional deposit? That's the biggest scam of all, next to the scam you listed where the customer all of a sudden "forgot" to put items down on the inventory list. If someone from We Haul actually went to the residence and did a physical inventory prior to the move, there would be no garbage like "forgetting" something off of an inventory list - because there would not be an inventory list prepared by the customer. If something were forgotten - that would be on you!!

The reality is that the reason the "estimate" went up is because none of your sham movers would do the move at the price you put up on your board for movers to bid on. If you want to fool yourself (and others) into thinking you did the right thing - I guess that's up to you. I just think those who read this ought to know the truth and not some less than clever spin on what you think is the truth.

We Haul Moving

AUTHOR: We Haul International - (U.S.A.)

We agreed to coordinate Ms. Newhouses relocation from Littleton Colorado to San Diego California with pickup to be performed on the estimated dates 1/5/08 to 1/6/08 and delivery to be executed on the estimated dates of 1/7/08 to 1/20/08.

Ms. Newhouse obtained our services on 12/31/07 and wanted her goods to be picked up by 1/5/08 or 1/6/08. Because Ms. Newhouse wanted her goods picked up under short notice, our representative was trying to make sure that we received her paperwork in enough time to secure the carrier to service her move.

Our company does not believe in misleading or misinforming our customers. Ms. Newhouse was given an estimate based on the items she informed us she wanted to move. We forwarded Ms. Newhouse a copy of the furniture list which shows the items she wanted us to move. After reviewing the items on the list Ms. Newhouse told us she forgot to add item(s) and wanted to revise her furniture list to include a large hutch that weighed approximately 1,799 pounds which increased the total estimated weight of her household items as well as the total estimated cost of her move.

We emailed Ms. Newhouse all the paperwork concerning her move. Ms. Newhouse was looking to move quickly and by the time she returned her paperwork she was already within her cancellation window.

We provided Ms. Newhouse with the services she hired us for. She was given a discount on her move; her goods were picked up and delivered within the timeframe requested and as a courtesy we offered to refund her $203.44.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

A Alliance not licensed?

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Peggy, I thought I'd help you out a bit, but I can't find a license for a company called "A Alliance" in CA. Either they're not local in CA, or they're not licensed. Do you still have your paperwork?

Did you move within CA, or from another state to California?