Complaint Review: WePay.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: We Pay Live Chat — Del Mar California United States of America
380 Portage Ave Palo Alto, CA 94306 Palo Alto, California United States of America

WePay.com We Pay Cancelled a TON of Customer Payments Without Warning Palo Alto, California

This is my live chat experience with WePay.com.  I had a verfieid account with no problems for several months.  One day I logged in to find over $300 worth of orders (that had already been esnt out), had been RETURNED to the customers without any notice from me.  My account was at just $50 dollars and all my other money was missing.  I wrote in to ask what happened, and will let you decide for yourself if this is the kind of company that should handle your money.

My replies are in bold.  I have removed by business email below so this cannot be misconstrued as advertising my business.

01:39 | I need help
01:40 | hi there
01:40 | the other day, i had a number of sales that had come through
01:40 | okay!
01:41 | those sales completely disappeared
01:41 | & i had no warning
01:42 | so my sales disappeared, & I contacted alex, who said they
needed to verify my account, even though I already had verified it, and
had gotten an email saying I had

01:42 | may i have your email?
01:42 | ====removed=====
01:43 | thanks!
01:43 | okay i see here that we were unable to verify your infroamtion
01:43 | so ufortunatley we won't be able to process payments for you
01:43 | what information is needed still?
01:43 | and why do I not get notified until AFTER the fact?
01:44 | I have to contact you to find out my money has disappeared?!

01:44 | i'm so sorry, it's procesed through our review team
01:44 | all i can see is that the transactions have failed and we will not be processing your payments
01:44 | But why?
01:44 | I've lost over $300 already
01:44 | why on earth would you not tell someone about this?
01:45 | hello?

01:46 | still here
01:46 | i'm very sorry but we are not going to process your payments
01:46 | well i hear what you are saying but I do not know WHY.
01:47 | and I also would like to know why I was not informed up front.
01:47 | why I have to go through the process of logging in, seeing no money, & contacting We Pay

01:47 | i'll pass your feedback along in terms of the notification
01:47 | and all i can see here is that our review team could not verify some information provided about your account
01:47 | i'm not privy to which informaiton i apologize
01:47 | well why wouldn't they just ASK me instead of shutting it down?
01:48 | you should have received an email to the effect that we could not verify your account
01:48 | I did not receive such an email.
01:49 | how do I at least get the $50 out of this ridiculous account

01:49 | it looks like those funds will be available to you in March support@ecustcare.com
01:49 | WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01:50 | it's already cleared & done with!!!!
01:50 | It's $50
01:50 | I lost over $300 using WePay
01:50 | this is insane!

01:50 | please help me Emma
01:51 | i'm very sorry but your funds will be available in March support@ecustcare.com
01:51 | WHY
01:52 | We Pay is not a bank. You cannot just hold funds for no reason Emma

01:52 | i'm very sorry but we can't verify some information so we will hold onto the funs in a reserve
01:53 | This is easy. Tell me what information you need to verify. Then send me my lousy $50. I know WePay cannot legally hold on to this money.
01:54 | i'm sorry i cannot take this infromation via chat
01:54 | youre more than welcome to call in
01:54 | 855-469-3729

If you have feedback about our tools or merchants or anything else, wed love to hear that too! Let us know by emailing feedback@wepay.com.Thanks for your feedback! And thank you for being a part of our effort to build a different kind of payments company.

Sophie Monroe
Director of Customer Support

My phone call with them went the same way.  No answers, just run around & pushing my questions away.  I still don't have my lousy $50 (since it's not the arbitrary day they decided will be in March.)  And I have a bunch of customers with my product, but no payment.  Thanks for your help & great service WePay!  Not!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WePaycom/Palo-Alto-California-94306/WePaycom-We-Pay-Cancelled-a-TON-of-Customer-Payments-Without-Warning-Palo-Alto-Califor-1018633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WePay.com