Complaint Review: Web Detective Pro - Razoreye Media Group

• Submitted: Sun, September 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 21, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Web Detective Pro - Razoreye Media Group
Razoreye Media Group, A Pandomar Company 8345 NW 66th Street, #9819, Miami, Florida USA 33166-2626 Internet U.S.A.

Web Detective Pro - Razoreye Media Group Web Detective Pro is a "Bait and Switch" scam Razoreye Media Group, A Pandomar Company 8345 NW 66th Street, #9819, Miami, Florida USA Internet

After entering a name, (small) city and state of a particular person, the "Free Search" on Web Detective Pro results came back with 1 positive match. In order to access that information I had to purchase the *3 Day Unlimited Search* for $2.95.

I clearly understood that after my *3 Day Unlimited Trial* I would be charged monthly for continued membership, eccetera, unless I notified them in writing to cancel the membership.

Once my membership activated, I re-entered the same search name and city. The result came back as "No Records Found". It wasn't until after I purchased this service was I able to access the terms that stated "Not All Searches Guaranteed". But nowhere does it state that the trial membership is non-refundable.

They tricked me in to buying the service by stating they had 1 positive match when in reality there was no match. It was a "Bait and Switch".

There is no "Unlimited Search" as advertised but rather other services they offer that you can purchase that are unlimited. And you ARE limited to 5 name searches per day unlike what they advertise.

There is no telephone support at Web Detective Pro, only email.

I Screen Printed the introductory window that showed my "1 positive match found" and then Screen Printed the window that showed "no results found" on the same person, and I Screen Printed their "No Guarantees" warning AFTER the purchase.

I copied and pasted those into an email and demanded a full refund. They cancelled my membership as I promptly requested, but have "refused" time and time again to give me a full refund on the trial membership. They only continued to encourage me to use their "other" sources for an unlimited amount of time and said there are no refunds.

I have reported RazorEye Media Group's fraudulent activities to the BBB, my state attorney general's office and my bank.

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 05:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Web-Detective-Pro-Razoreye-Media-Group/internet/Web-Detective-Pro-Razoreye-Media-Group-Web-Detective-Pro-is-a-Bait-and-Switch-scam-Raz-374765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web Detective Pro - Razoreye Media Group