Complaint Review: Web Detective

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Kathleen R. — Central Pennsylvania United States of America
Web Detective

Web Detective -Intrigue Learning Lifetime Membership "Expired" Long Before I Did! Internet

I paid a flat, one-time fee for a "Lifetime Membership" to access public records throughout the U.S. via "Web Detective", a company owned by Intrigue Learning, who had acquired Web Detective in the summer of 2004.

Upon this acquisition, I suddenly lost all access to my account and had to track down Intrigue Learning to correct the problem. They had changed both the link and our passwords to the Member's Center on Web Detective without notifying us, their customers, of these changes. They then provided me with a new link and password which worked fine........for a while. Now, however, both Web Detective and Intrigue Learning has simply disappeared from the internet altogether.........or at least it has to the best of my knowledge. The link is totally dead-in-the-water and Web Detective/Intrigue Learning can no longer be found via search engine queries. And, of course, my money and "Lifetime membership" went the same route as the company.

Fortunately, I kept a copy of their response to my initial email about cutting off my access to the site. In that response, Carl Mueller was listed as President of Intrigue Learning and Sydney Jackson was the Customer Service Representative who fielded my inquiry at that time. The email is dated 11 February 2005.

Having this information may not help me or the many other people who were obviously swindled to recoup our losses when Intrigue Learning essentially "took the money and ran" upon acquiring Web Detective in 2004. But perhaps the information may at least create a small stumbling block for them if they are continuing this practice with new sites.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Web-Detective/internet/Web-Detective-Intrigue-Learning-Lifetime-Membership-Expired-Long-Before-I-Did-Interne-1013771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web Detective