depth

• Submitted: Thu, March 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 21, 2007

• Reported By:New York New York
Web Marketing Source - Captures
14947 NE 95th Street Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Web Marketing Source - Captures Web Marketing Source is either a company of utter incompetence or a complete fraud Beware! Do not use them! ripoff Redmond Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Why won't you just refund him his money?

*UPDATE Employee: Clear case of misunderstanding/buyers remorse

Web Marketing Source is either a company of utter incompetence or a complete fraud. In any case, do not use them! And beware, they also go under the name of Captures.com

I was very reluctant to trust them, since they called out of the blue. But after being called multiple times, with two sales guys on the phone "closing you" simultaneously, they finally convinced me to go with there website promotion service. Since my website was not getting much free web traffic, I was willing to pay the price, take the risk - as there product and logic appealed to me.

Yet, they did not deliver at all! There customer service is nil to none.

I deserve and demand a complete refund of the thousand of dollars I gave them of my hard earn cash. If they call you, just hang up the phone immediately!

Gregory
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2007 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Web-Marketing-Source-Captures/Redmond-Washington-98052/Web-Marketing-Source-Captures-Web-Marketing-Source-is-either-a-company-of-utter-incompet-239055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web Marketing Source - Captures

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Why won't you just refund him his money?

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Think about this.

Why the hell would Gregory want to get a credit from you guys for future services?? He feels the same way I do about you people. You have already tried to scam me for my money and have gotten his! Why would someone in their right mind want to continue doing business with your company if they feel they have been scammed!

A legitimate Marketing company does not lure people into 2 year marketing contracts. How is a person supposed to know if they will be happy with your results marketing results in a month , 3 months or even a year? And don't give me that bull honky about it takes time to see results. blah blah blah. What if there are never any results. A person is paying you for those results and if your going to lock them into a contract your company better be damn sure you show those results!

I have seem legitimate marketing companies get their customers results and in as little as a month! We are not talking about Goggle Adwords either, we are talking legitimate Google and Yahoo search engine rankings! And they are so confident in their services that they do month to month contracts with their customers! What about your company? Someone has to keep paying you until their contract ends. Your company sure seems confident about their serves they provide. Captures and Web Marketing Source seem to have lots of complaints with the BBB!

Now tell me if you are really that sure that your company's marketing services are that great, why do you lock people into 2 year contracts, when they sign up? Sounds to me like your not to confident in you services as other marketing companies are!

Clear case of misunderstanding/buyers remorse

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

We have already responded to this matter on another complaint filed by the same individual. See below.

In response to this specific complaint:

Web Marketing Source (WMS) does not go under the name of Captures. They are two separate divisions owned by the same company. WMS provides marketing services for third party web site owners and Captures builds custom ecommerce stores that are serviced and hosted in-house.

Keep in mind you have only been signed up a short while and it may take several months to achieve the desired results for your specific site.

Calling targeted leads is one of many ways we reach out to notify potential clients that we exist and give them more information about the services we provide, including costs associated.

Like any business, we attempt to market ourselves across multiple advertising channels in hopes that we can increase profits, obtain new clients and better our brand awareness. Some companies choose to reach out to potential customers via magazines, radio, commercials or other media, we are no different. It just so happens that one of the ways we reach out is by phone (hence the call).

In no way were you forced to pick up the phone, stay on with your rep or eventually sign up, like you did. We simply did what we always do and told you about who we are and what we do.

You needed the service, you made the decision to try it out with us. We assume you are capable of researching the companies you hire and capable of making an intelligent decision for your business, like you did.

We are completely willing to work with you to resolve this issue, but unfortunately due to the agreement you signed, we cannot offer any refund.

Feel free to contact us so we can resolve this matter in a fair, professional way. Keep in mind you can always apply the dollar amount you spent with us towards other services/packages we offer. We will even re-do the work completely on a different domain that you own, if you choose.