Complaint Review: Web of Trust

• Reported By: glorysurgery — LA California
Web of Trust
iso roobertinkatu 21 helsinki Internet Finland

Web of Trust False Reporting Helsinki Internet

*Author of original report: Thanks for your comments

*Author of original report: I did contact you

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My WOT

*Consumer Comment: Sorry to hear

MyWOT has a community of high level users that get to decide if they like your website or not. If they do not then then rate it low and there is nothing you can do about. They make false statements that we sell drugs, identity theft, and are deceptive. We then use the support method to have customers rate our website, but that was a waste. We just opened them up to the communities hate. They can delete the positive posts and put their posts at the top.

We do not directly offer surgery and we in no way offer drugs. We help customers collect information about places in Thailand so they can make accurate information. We make no decisions for them, but only help provide information. During their time here, we are their guide and driver.

No one seems interested in reading what we do. It seems like some personal grudge to just take advantage. We read in the support to have our friends and customer come in rate and now users are trying to use that against us as well. We care about our business and if we were some sort of scam we wouldn't spend the time to register here or even list here at all.

If anyone here has ever run a small business they would know how difficult is and how much it means to the owner. It is not easy to tell people to register on a website and comment in favor of your website.

People are making assumtions and judgement about us. We listed here to help list our company details. Not to list a scam in a website that protects against scams. How do we combat negitive reviews from non-customers that are claiming we are associated with botched surgeries, credit card fraud or selling drugs?

The ironic thing is, is that mywot is difficult to contact. There is not information about them, and after flagging libel comments nothing happens. This is not what this website is for and it seems many business have had similar problems with their high level users. I do not think mywot is a bad company, but their high level users get to dictate if you are accepted or not instead of how this website states websites are rated.

Doing this will probably enrage the communtiy more, and hurt our rating. However, the company can not survive if it is not true to its mission and provides bogus reporting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2013 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Web-of-Trust/internet/Web-of-Trust-False-Reporting-Helsinki-Internet-1048644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web of Trust

Thanks for your comments

AUTHOR: glorysurgery - ()

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your similar experience with WOT. The only people that do participate think they are actually being protect. Then myWOT can scare websites who are marked as red, and I guess con them into purchasing their safety seal.

The only way I get any sort of reaction from them is through review websites. Taking the time to respond on Firefox Add-on, CNET, and etc. may make them change the way they allow high level users mark website as harmful for no reason.

My website was unrated. Then after I took the time to rate and submit my website did it become red and harmful! I should have never done that, given my information, or wasted my time participating on their website. It offers no benefit and it is impossible to change.

I dont care that they just mark me down and call me a spammer. It just further demonstrates the problem.

I did contact you

AUTHOR: glorysurgery - ()

This is the exact same experience as so many! The same exact people as well. I am glad you take the time to respond with your default message but do nothing to address the actual problems for what ever reason.

As expected the community has further trashed me and my website for no reason. The plugin offers no real protection, only people who decide if they want to mark it bad or not. Other websites have no rating and contain malware. Reputable websites are red listed, because the high level users do not like it.

If I try to have friends or customers rate my website, I am further prosecuted and listed as a spammer even though I did exactly what myWOT support section says to do.

myWOT website has no contact information what so ever and you hide behind anomity. What your high level users claim I did.

The same users who attack websites go un-touched and their comments remain. Our comments are listed as spam. So my website is in the Red, harmful websites are unrated, and there is no way to change it. WOW! What a wonderful plugin. You make false claims about your website, and if my website came close to anything that yours did it would be forever in the red.

People should never take the time to list their website. Instead they should list their competitors so it goes into the red.

Your rebuttals never address the repeated problem if you google myWOT complains. The same exact high level users can torment websites, and there is no way to un-do when they mark us as red.

myWOT plugin does nothing like AVAST and AVG plugins do to protect users.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My WOT

AUTHOR: WOT - ()

WOT reputation ratings are users' subjective opinions and experience about websites' trustworthiness. We believe that combining a large amount of opinions/experiences with information we get from our trusted sources (blacklists, etc.) gives us the most accurate information about a website's trustworthiness.

We don't edit/remove users' comments unless the comments contain bad language or attacks our users.

The comments represent the views of the users who posted them.

If you wish to contact us, you can simplly use the contact form posted on our website.

Sorry to hear

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am sorry to hear what you are encountering. There is nothing much you can do with this type of ruining reputation. From what I read about their comments on WOT, I feel that the person who reviewed your site (name something Truth) does not have technical knowledge and has initial bias against your service. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to change that person's mind.

When I look at a website, I ignore the disguising domain owner because it is considered privacy. It is stupid and ignorant to use that against the real domain owner. I do the same (registered for removing my personal info from whois) for all of my own host websites. One reason is to stay away from email & mail spamming.

The review on the site does attack the site and the person may be working for main stream health indurstrial or had bad experience with those who go to hospital outside of the country due to high medical cost.

I no longer participate with WOT because I don't see the real incentive. There are false positive here and there sometimes and at least twice I saw that the site related to Thailand. These people may have a grudge on the country...