Complaint Review: WebCapades And/ or Eroticy.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 18, 2009

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
WebCapades And/ or Eroticy.com
www.Webcapades.com, and www.Eroticy.com Internet U.S.A.

WebCapades And/ or Eroticy.com Credit/ Debit card fraud! Internet

* : Kelly what happened next ?

*Consumer Comment: Kelly: What happened after you cancelled your card?

I made the mistake of using my Visa Check/Debit Card to subscribe to Eroticy for a "free" trial membership. Before the "free" trial expired, I emailed them to cancel my subscription as directed. I later learned, after my bank charged me a $31.00 NSF fee, that Eroticy and/or Webcapades had debit'd my card for $19.95 for 1 months service. I spent untold hours emailing and making phone calls trying to get someone to respond to my complaints to no avail. Two weeks later my card was again charged $19.95, and again 1 week later, even though I sent numerous emails demanding they cease. I finally had to cancel my Visa and apply for a new one to end the barrage of charges that they were incurring against me. All in all, it cost me over $150.00+ dollars and hours of frustration to put an end to it. I guess the old saying, "buyer beware" still rings true with regard to this company!

Kelly b
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2008 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WebCapades-And-or-Eroticycom/internet/WebCapades-And-or-Eroticycom-Credit-Debit-card-fraud-Internet-309297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WebCapades And/ or Eroticy.com

#1

Kelly what happened next ?

AUTHOR: Doug - (Canada)

Its interesting to note this...

when I quit Eroticy in March of 2008 or 2009, I didnt get any letters threatening me with legal action or have them charge my debit/credit card.

So where these people are saying they are being threatened from I dont know...because it didnt happen to me...

Kelly: What happened after you cancelled your card?

AUTHOR: Dpe - (U.S.A.)

Did you get the typical "lawsuit" email that others have in the past?

Did they go away after canceling your debit card?

I fell into the trap as well, and I am sending them a certified letter exercising my "3-day right to terminate". Supposedly, you send them written correspondence saying to terminate within 3 days of signing up. I have already sent multiple emails and now sending this letter off as proof they received everything. I also have my emails attached to my letter. Saved everything for my records as well.

I will see what happens but I am in the process of switching banks anyways so they won't get me for long.

I just wanted to know about post-debit cancellation from your experiences.