Complaint Review: WebHosting.Com Ltd.

• Submitted: Sun, November 26, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, November 27, 2000

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
WebHosting.Com Ltd.
150 York St. Suite 1900 Toronto, Canada U.S.A.

WebHosting.Com high staff turn over, NO consistency and service * UPDATE ..They've changed their name ... again!

*0: Warning: They've changed their name ... again!

My big problem with WebHosting.com is consistency and service. Initially I had a great problem with my site[s] being down all the time, as in once per week for nearly 24 to 48 hours at a time. I had started out as a virtual server customer, however, they sated they would be not taking Adult Site customers as virtual customers, and that I would have to get a dedicated box. Fine, I was doing well, and a dedicated box would be better, they informed me. However, it has been a night mare, always some little anoying thing going wrong.

My current problems do not include uptime or reliability, they finally curred that for now.However, these are my four main problems or questions if you like;

1] They recently changed the type of domain control panels I am using for the four main domains I have on my dedicated Unix Sun Box. I cannot make heads or tails out of the new control panels.

2] with regards to the new panels above, virtual customers paying as little as $50 per month get a state of the art easy to use control panel, complete with a linked easy to use cgi bin. Dedicated customers, seem to get a swift kick in the gazoo!? Yet this guy is paying $750 CDN per month which would cost him only about $250 CDN as a virtual customer, and I would get more goodies to boot!

3]Since they installed the new panel I cannot telenet to my dedicated box properly. Certain comand lines no longer work.

4] Storage capacity of the box seems considerably less than the 6 gigs I am supposed to have. I often wonder if I really do have a dedicated Box! I can only assume that I do.

I currrently get an irritating email, every 15 minutes, stating that I have used >95% of my storage. When I add everything up, it only comes to about 1 to 1.5 gigs MAX!...............What do they tell me to do when I complain or ask a simple question?! FILL OUT A F*@king WORK ORDER!

For $750 a month I am honestly starting to look for a new server. Although cheaper than most services, they are just way too frustrating to deal with at times. You can seldom if ever get through during the day and their live on line customer service chat is a total waste of time.

They must have a very high staff turn over, even by the current Internet Employment Standards. I am always having to talk to someone different about the same problem. I'll just get someone who is enthusiastic it seems, and they are ready to provide me with a solution, then, wam ...they are gone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WebHostingCom-Ltd/Toronto-Canada-M5H-3S5/WebHostingCom-high-staff-turn-over-NO-consistency-and-service-UPDATE-Theyve-changed-3922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WebHosting.Com Ltd.

#1 0

Warning: They've changed their name ... again!

AUTHOR: - ()

I don't want to bore anybody with the details of how I got ripped off for over $1,000.00 by Dynamic Web, later known as webhosting.com. Let it suffice to say that they don't issue refunds on unused service. In my instance, I had to hire a Canadian law firm to collect a fraction of what I was owed. After paying the legal expenses, I believe that I collected something like 25 cents on the dollar.

My purpose in posting this message is to warn readers that this sleazy company has, once again, changed its name (presumably in an attempt to rip off another wave of unwary consumers.) They are now calling themselves inquent.com ... same address, same officers, same everything. All I can tell people is BEWARE!