Complaint Review: WebWatcher

• Updated: Tue, November 30, 2010

• Reported By: mb110 — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
WebWatcher
4640 Admiralty Way, Suite 1010 Los Angeles, California United States of America

WebWatcher Awareness Technologies forced to pay for upgrades before annual contract expires-or product is useless Los Angeles, California

Application stops recording data when they do monthly (sometimes weekly) maintence on the servers and requires repeated reinstallation.

The solution from customer support is to purchase their upgrade that will allow unlimited "upgrades." for the duration of the contract (1 year). I did that when I first purchased version 5.0, had problems and let them talk me into buying the "unlimited" upgrade to 6.0. But 6 months later the application is completely useless unless I reinstall the application (again) or buy yet another upgrade to 7.0. This is a poorly developed product and their marketing technique is a classic scam.

My expectation when I made the purchase is that I would install the application one time as is advertised, and be able to retreive data for the contract term. But as it is now, I cannot retrieve data unless I constantly reinstall the application or make another purchase to upgrade to the newest version (more $$)

Customer support just closes the tickets by sending automated e-mails that are useless. I keep opening new tickets hoping someone different will pick it up and put a little more thought into the resolution of the problem.

I understand technology changes rapidly. I also understand how applications work and that upgrades & service packs need to be applied.

But as a customer that should be seamless to me. It is unreasonable that I should have to reinstall the application on the target computer every time maintenance is performed on the application or server.  Maintaining the application on the target computer is too much work. I am not getting the product that was advertised, that I paid for, or that your company agreed to provide.

So now once again, I cannot use the application - and I am being forced to either upgrade my customer support package or upgrade to 7.0.

Do not buy this product - it is a rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2010 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WebWatcher/Los-Angeles-California-90292/WebWatcher-Awareness-Technologies-forced-to-pay-for-upgrades-before-annual-contract-expire-666729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WebWatcher