Complaint Review: Webb Ford

• Submitted: Sat, August 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 14, 2011

• Reported By: David — Highland Indiana U.S.A.
Webb Ford
9809 Indianapolis Blvd. Highland, Indiana United States of America

Webb Ford sold me a car with bad catalytic convertors and brake pads. Lied about prior owners. Highland, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Warranty?

Partly my fault for trusting these guys. Should've had my own mechanic look at it first... So yeah, I get that. But I paid $19K for a used car and two days later lights started going off. Engine light, brake light, etc. Took it back in hopes that they would look at it and work something out. I was actually planning on purchasing another car if they'd tried to make this right. I didn't expect them to take the car back, but possibly make the necessary repares. Before I purchased it, the salesman said, "This is a real beauty. Owned by one person, an old woman who barely ever drove it, which is why the miles are so low. Our mechanic gave it a complete workover and it's in great shape." So, I believed them. When I brought the car back and asked them to do a diagnostic test on it, they informed me that they weren't able to do that, because they were a ford dealership and the car I bought was a VW. Which begs the question: How did the mechanic do a full workover on it, if he couldn't check the diagnostics. Anyway, they stonewalled me, and refused to even check out the problems. So, angry, I took it to the VW dealership, where I was informed that both catalytic convertors needed to be replaced, as did the drive shaft, as did the brake pads. This is why car dealers get a bad name... Stay away from Webb Ford.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2011 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webb-Ford/Highland-Indiana-46322/Webb-Ford-sold-me-a-car-with-bad-catalytic-convertors-and-brake-pads-Lied-about-prior-ow-764920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webb Ford

Warranty?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"two days later lights started going off"

Didn't you notice the lights were on during the test drive?

"Lied about prior owners"

How do you know that?

What are the terms of the warranty?