Complaint Review: Web.com

• Updated: Wed, May 09, 2012

• Reported By: Eddie — New Brighton Minnesota United States of America
Web.com
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, West Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Web.com Continued to charge me for three years after I cancelled services. Only wants to refund three months worth. Jacksonville , Florida

*Consumer Comment: Learn from your mistakes

About a week ago I received a telemarketing call from Web.com to inform me about additional services that they could offer me.  I told the lady that I had no need for additional services since we had cancelled out relationship with them three years ago.  She informed me that I was still a paying customer.

Upon inspection we found out that we had been charged a total of 3241.00 over the last three years since we cancelled out relationship with Web.com.

Here is an excerpt of an email we received from Web.com three years ago.

" Thank you for completing the Domain Transfer/Release information form.  We will process your request and payment immediately and expect that the domain name will be transfered to you within two (2) business day.
 Please review the information and notify us immediately if you have questions.  We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.  Should your future plans change, we'd be delighted to work with you
again."

We submitted a claim to their claims department last week for a total of 3241.80.  Yesterday I received this email from Web.com.

"Thank you for your patience during our review process.  Your request for a refund has been approved as of 05/08/12.  Although we will process your refund of $270.15 this week, it may take 1-2 billing cycles before the credit appears on your statement. If you do not see a credit by the second billing cycle, please call us at the number listed below.  To confirm this transaction before then you may call your bank, or visit them online, to verify their receipt of this credit.  We apologize for any inconveniences to you and your company. If we can be of any assistance, please call at the toll free number below.
Sincerely,  Claims Investigation Department

270.15 is not 3,241.80.

My further phone calls to them have done nothing to help resolve this situation.  Will somebody please help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webcom/Jacksonville-Florida-32258/Webcom-Continued-to-charge-me-for-three-years-after-I-cancelled-services-Only-wants-to-880278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web.com

Learn from your mistakes

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You should keep better track of your bills.