Complaint Review: Web.com

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Kay — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Web.com
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, West Jacksonville, FL 32258 West Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Web.com May have been websitepros.com prior Stole my domain name and put it up for auction 2 days after unsubscribing from their ,unethical, service West Jacksonville , Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Web.com

When I started with Web.com there was a discrepancy between them and another site just like them; something about mirroring one site for the other, thus channeling the business to the one that the business simply did not belong to. I e-mailed web.com back in 2008 to unsubscribe my service. They e-mailed saying that I have to call; that e-mailing is not an acceptable way to unsubscribe from their service. So, I called Web.com. Several months and even years went by. This was due to web.com arguing that I ought to stick with them, dangling the metaphorical carrot of "for your inconvenience, we won't charge you for this" such and such ..." month's fee" wanting to keep my business. That worked one too many times, especially that they charge a lot more than most and don't offer much in comparison. On the contrary, they do quite a dis-service.They made it clear through phone calls placed to me that they couldn't get my site to run properly. That was shortly before the last straw.

Shortly before Nov 12th 2012, I called to unsubscribe from them and all of their services. When unsubscribing a made it clear to Web.com by asking them how I go about re pointing my domain to another website management-type company. They "seemed" so helpful, i guess in not wanting to "burn their  bridges". However, a few days later, I went to look up my domain to "repoint" (away from them) it accordingly. Web.com had already released my domain, putting it up for Auction. Only a few short days later I was put in the position of having to buy it back at a premium. I do not not recall what they are now telling me. At best, they omitted the very information that would have simply caused me to turn me and my business away from them. I wouldn't have subscribed if the later was the case. Not only do I not recall being told the following, I knew it was omitted at the time of having subscribed initially. I would have never signed up with a company who could take down my domain, which all my marketing was built around, if they registered, and therefore managed and controlled my domain name. Likewise, I was not reminded by them that due to their "convenient" service of having first registered my domain, on my behalf, that they had complete control of it, thus being able to and actually taking my site down and taking my own domain away from me, against my wishes. Just how much I had to pay to get back what was rightfully mine is here nor there. It is the principle. Register.com said themselves that they couldn't believe just how fast they acted out against me (all for unsubscribing from them) They said it usually takes a month or two. Just call me lucky. Of course, I'm being sarcastic, but only about the later. As for them. I think they're discpicable and I mentioned I would warn everyone through my social networks and any other such sphere of influence, what wrong-doers they are and they'd be foolish to give them any business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webcom/West-Jacksonville-Florida-32258/Webcom-May-have-been-websiteproscom-prior-Stole-my-domain-name-and-put-it-up-for-aucti-975149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web.com

Response from Web.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Kay:

At Web.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://support.web.com/.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team