Complaint Review: Web.com

Web.com
Internet USA

Web.com Refund denied Jacksonvill, FL Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Website Services

Three days after having been charged more than $300 for monthly services, I called to cancel them and requested a prorated refund. Web.com informed me that they do not prorate refunds. Since I would not be using their services for the remaining 27 days, I subsequently requested a full refund. The representative put me on hold to consult with a supervisor, and then informed me that the refund would be processed in 3-5 business days. A day later, I received an email stating that my request had been denied.

Web.com is a digital service company that can instantaneously "turn off" their service. They provide very little, if anything at all, that is not "canned" so to speak. Aside from a lengthy sales pitch and a short conversation to get the design of my website somewhere in the universe of what I want, they did almost nothing to distinguish themselves, other than efficiently exctract money from my bank account.

Their policies are not for your benefit, but for their own. Their objective to to provide as little benefit to their customers as possible while minimizing their own costs and taking as much of your money as possible. You do not actually need half of what they try to sell you, and you can do almost all of it for a few hours a week of your own time, which is why I cancelled.

Avoid Web.com and use Wix or Squarespace. You will save a lot of money and will be treated with the respect every human being deserves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2014 12:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webcom/internet/Webcom-Refund-denied-Jacksonvill-FL-Internet-1145531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web.com

Website Services

AUTHOR: Executive Support Team - ()

Dear Robert,

We appreciate your feedback and take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously.  We would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send us your contact information and details of this post via the following link: http://support.web.com/

Sincerely,