Complaint Review: Web.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Why me? — Florida United States of America

Web.com Register.com Billing ripoff, breach of promise. third rate service. Internet

*Author of original report: Are you joking, Web.CON?

*Consumer Comment: Web.com Is A Scam!

*General Comment: Each complaint about them is followed by the same response by the company

*Consumer Comment: Webfloss.com is on it!

*Consumer Comment: Register.con Web.con

*Author of original report: Simarly affected people need to file a class action suit

*Consumer Comment: Thank you for sharing your story - this company needs to face prosecution

*Author of original report: Web.com are not serious

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Web.com

I bought a domain name on register.com. A few hours later Web.com phones me. They offered to build me a "PROFESSIONAL" website and market it for me etc. I was not ready for this but they kept pressuring me, saying there was no risk. I would pay about $95 a month only if I accept the site. They repeatedly said ONLY if I approved. (Their current tv ads make the same claim).

They spent over two hours in a phone interview as they said it was necessary to gather info for this "professionallly designed" site I was getting. After a week passed by and hearing nothing, I call. They say it's being worked on. A few minutes later I get an email saying the site's ready.

I was horrified when I went to the "professionally designed" website. It was amateurishly, and it was only a webpage. It was what you'd expect a first-timer using free web design software to come up with.

I called Web.com and asked to speak to a manager. I was promised a call back. It never happend. FOUR OCCASSIONS I CALLED, AND THEY NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS!

I then removed my domain from Register.com to Godaddy. Weeks later, Register.com sends me an email invoice for $94.95. I immediately  call. I get bounced around from web.com to register.com Web is saying Register billed you. I'm saying the only business I had with Register was the purchase of a domain name. Register is sending me to Web.

Eventually they cancelled the bill. But then another invoice comes - this one for $40 for facebook marketing. The money is TAKEN from my Paypal account by Register.com. I am questioning the legality of Register.com billing for Web.com!)
Remember I've had no site for several weeks. NEVER approved the piss-poor website which was a web page. Yet I'm being billed.

I get bounced around again to get back my money. I persisted.

I want to persue legal action against them both!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webcom/internet/Webcom-Registercom-Billing-ripoff-breach-of-promise-third-rate-service-Internet-911329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web.com

Are you joking, Web.CON?

AUTHOR: - ()

After three years or so, Web.con finally notices my complaint - at least I think it's mine, and suggests that I go to it's support site - the source of irriation which I realy would never like to deal with in my life again.
Why not supply an email address? What happens when we go to that support site? We have to explain it to one of these illiterates again??

Web.com Is A Scam!

AUTHOR: Harrisonburg Car Guy - (USA)

If your domain expires Web.com has set it up it so that you CANNOT renew a domain online.

You have to call them so sales can talk to you andmake you pay outrageous prices.

Plus you can only speak to them between Monday-Friday.

But they don't even tell you THIS! (see image)

It's $37.50 for 1 year or 39.80 for 2 years to renew.

#3 General Comment

Each complaint about them is followed by the same response by the company

AUTHOR: digesthisickness - (United States of America)

I knew it!  I just made a comment on another complaint saying that the response from web.com sounded like a form letter.  As if they have it ready to go in response to all complaints about them.  And, sure enough, this is the fourth from them in the last five minutes of reading on this site that's EXACTLY the same.  A blatant attempt to fool others into thinking each complaint isn't typical of the complaints about them all over the internet.  When a quick search of "is web.com safe" will give OVER ONE BILLION responses.  Frightening.

Webfloss.com is on it!

AUTHOR: Webfloss - (United States of America)

Consumer blog, Webfloss.com, most famous for it's reports of internet scams, has set it's target on Web.com.

Share! Unite! Take action! :)

Register.con Web.con

AUTHOR: okattorney - (United States of America)

I will keep you posted!  I'm sure you are aware that Web.com is a very large corporation and the parent company of Register.com.  I believe they bought out Register.com 2 or 3 years ago.

I wouldn't think the stockholders of Web.com would be too thrilled with all of this.

Simarly affected people need to file a class action suit

AUTHOR: Why me? - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Please keep me informed of the response of the Federal Authority. They must pay for their actions - including breach of promise, because the promised website was never delivered as agreed.

Web.com's response was patronising. They simply posted that non-sense to give the appearance that they want to resolve the issue. They do not.

People should be very careful about giving them permission to charge their accounts (including Paypal). I've blocked all their transactions.

Thank you for sharing your story - this company needs to face prosecution

AUTHOR: okattorney - (United States of America)

I am a consumer who has experienced the identical problem with this same company register.com/billed by web.com.  Unfortunately, I did not discover the error for a year and they were also billing me for a facebook account.  So, close to $2,000 in fraudulent credit card charges later, here I am.

I do not think they are "sorry" but rather "sorry they got caught"!

I just completed a report to the Federal Trade Commission and the Internet Crime division of the FBI, as well as the Better Business Bureau.  I will cooperate with authorities in hopes that this company faces prosecution.

Web.com are not serious

AUTHOR: Why me? - (United States of America)

Following my many complaints and threats to take legal action, Register.com - and not Web.com contacted me.

I should have charged them a consultancy fee, because they were more interested in knowing what they can do to avoid it happening to another customer, and MOST OF ALL to tighten the legal error they made by using Register.com to bill me for Web.com "services" which were never rendered.

I imagine in future they will include in the recorded legal part of their chat with you, that Register.com will bill you for their service.

There was NO mention on how they intend to compensate me for all the HOURS of my life I spent doing that interview to get a dud website...or for the stress I encountered and endured being bounced around from Web.com to Register.com to get back my money - FOR SERVICES NEVER RENDERED!!

This response from Web.com is simply Public Relations!

Response from Web.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Customer:

At Web.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name and your contact information to our support team via the following link: http://support.web.com/.
Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Executive Support Team