Complaint Review: Webhostingpad.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: Leo — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Webhostingpad.com

Webhostingpad.com Shut down my site and account without notice due to what they claim were DDoS attacks and refused to give a refund. Internet

I have been using Webhostingpad.com as my web host for the past 4 years. I signed up for unlimited domain hosting. I have used multiple domains on the same server. The price was good and the performance was good. I've had no issues with the webhost until this year.  In March 2012, my hosting services were up for renewal. Of course, having no problems with them I renewed. At this point I had one domain name using the hosting service. A few months later, I found out that my site was down. I contact tech support and they responded with the following:
"Your site was hit with a massive DDOS attack, someone seems to be targeting your domain and is flooding our network and causing us network downtime. Since they are keep on attacking you from thousands of spoofed IPs with massive connections we will not be able to enable your account on our shared server as the instant of enabling your account brings our whole network down affecting thousands of customers." .... "So I am afraid we will not be able to host your account anymore."

Now this is understandable to an extent. My domain is being attacked and affecting other sites hosted on the server. But what I didn't understand is why I am not able to host other sites. I asked them just that and the response was:
"If you want we can provide you the backups but we wont be able to enable the account for you."
So I ask them if I could get a refund, as I just renewed a few months earlier. Their response...
"Refund is not available after 30 days of your service."
I have to say this is BS. I was never informed of the DDoS attack or that they had shut down my site until I contacted them. I signed up for unlimited domain hosting so I should be able to host other domain names. I told them I would redirect the name servers of the targeted domains so as to not cause a problem if they enable my account. But they refuse to enable my account. All in all this could be a scam because there is no proof of a DDoS attack and if there was it was beyond my control. Webhostingpad.com has been nice enough to give me a backup to my files but not nice enough to allow me to use the hosting service for other domains, which I have already paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webhostingpadcom/internet/Webhostingpadcom-Shut-down-my-site-and-account-without-notice-due-to-what-they-claim-wer-918490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webhostingpad.com