Complaint Review: Webs ( formerly Freewebs)

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: FarmerGirl — Richmond Ontario Canada
Webs ( formerly Freewebs)
webs.com Internet United States of America

Webs ( formerly Freewebs) Charging for items not purchased, cancelling items that were paid for Internet

*Author of original report: rebuttal to webs explanation

*UPDATE Employee: Charge Description Confusion

I started Using the webs webhosting services 5 years ago and was using a free account. I had no problems the entire time I had my free account.

I became the webmaster for a non profit national equine association and transferred the domain and content to the webs hosting service.

I then decided to pay for a premium account for my organic farm and took days and days putting the website together, and chose a unique domain and paid for a premium account.

My domain name did not go through and when I contacted webs they told me to re-purchase the domain and if the charge went through more than since they would refund me. I had re-purchase the domain 3 times on their staff's urging
Well lo and behold when i received my credit card bill there were charges on there for stationary supplies from webs which I did not make.

I contacted webs customer service and instead of refunding my bogus charges they cancelled my website and removed the premium account making my custom emails disappear, and my farm clients emails stopped coming through.

I have been contacting webs multiple times on a daily basis to no avail. the bogus stationary supplies purchase is on my credit card bill as well as a domain name charge and the premium account charge.

I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau and have my credit card number cancelled and re-issued as this is a dishonest company who has made placed fraudulent purchases on my credit card and not refunded them.

BEWARE OF this company and if you use their services only use the free accounts.

DO not give them your hard earned money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webs-formerly-Freewebs/internet/Webs-formerly-Freewebs-Charging-for-items-not-purchased-cancelling-items-that-were-pa-927803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webs ( formerly Freewebs)

rebuttal to webs explanation

AUTHOR: FarmerGirl - (Canada)

Hello Webs rep,
The "stationary supplies" charge was never resolved by webs but my credit card company where I lodged a complaint.
The only solution to the sudden unrequested refund was to ask me to re-purchase. My wishes were abundantly clear and I have a record of all of the conversations. Pages and pages of records in fact. This was not a communication error on my part.
To date the webs domain custom email never works despite multiple inquiries via your technical staff.
As I said in my original post. Your free service is great, your premium service is definitely not premium in any way shape or form.

Charge Description Confusion

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

We sincerely apologize for the frustration and confusion here. It does appear that you were able to get your Premium Services sorted out after this complaint was submitted.

We have had people report that purchases were categorized as 'Stationary, Office Supplies, Printing and Writing Supplies' by their bank. Our parent company, Vistaprint, specializes in these and since the company name appears in the charge description it can get automatically categorized incorrectly. This does not mean that the charge was for anything other than the services purchased.

We offer a hassle free refund on all of our Premium Packages, so when a refund was requested one was granted. Unfortunately, the full details were not clear to the agent that processed the refund or they would have attempted to clarify the situation first.