Complaint Review: Webtechs.net

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Former Client — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Webtechs.net
5900 E. Granite Reef Rd. Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Webtechs.net Darren DeSantagilo, Brett Polach and Steve Ritchieson. are extremely unprofessional. After paying for a website, and signing a "hosting contract" they degrade you on the phone. When questioning the construction or hosting of my website, they hurl insults Scottsdale, Arizona

*Author of original report: WebTechs is a Rip-Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Brigett's Last Laugh

If you want to overpay, have a juvenile website, and have to follow up with them to get your website done(instead of them following up with you, the customer) then use Webtechs.net.

They have you sign a 3-year "hosting agreement", and offer SEO services at ridiculous prices.  Darren comes off as a "nice guy", but once he takes your money, you have to deal with Brett Polach, "the webmaster", to get your website constructed.  You will be told several different things regarding getting your website completed.  Darren will give you a web address to look at your website being constructed.  When you don't see any changes, or things you have e-mailed the "web-master" to put on the website aren't there...

Brett: "I need everything you want on your website before I make the changes and we go live."

Me: "What?  Well what if I have you put something on the site, and then decide I don't like it before we go live?

Brett: "Then it will take 2 weeks for me to implement the changes before we can go live."

Me:  "Darren told me I could see you making the changes to the site at this address before we go live."

Brett: (Now severly irritated), "I'm telling you I need all your information before I make any changes.  If you want to make changes after that, It will take another 2 weeks to make changes and go live!!!!"

Me: "So, I can't preview my site as it's being constructed(like Darren told me) and let you know what I like and don't like?"  "That doesn't make sense."  "Since I paid for this site, I should be able to say what I like and don't like about it.  It seems weird that changes take 2 weeks to process."  "It's taken 2 months now to get this done, and most of the communication to get this website built has been prompted by me."

Then it dawned on me....they already had my money and could care less when they got my site built, or how it looked.

Now, what really made Webtechs show their true colors was when I asked them about Mobile Websites.(From my understanding, mobile sites are for better access to websites from people's cell phones.)

Steve Ritchieson: "Yes, we can build you a mobile website for $995.00"

Me: "That seems pretty expensive.  I have another person who can build a mobile site for $295.00.  I have been speaking with him, and he says he can build it, and Webtechs could still host it."

Steve Ritchieson: "What kind of DRUGS are you on?"

Me:  "WHAT?  Did you just ask me 'what kind of drugs am I on?????"

Steve Ritchieson: "YES, what kind of drugs are you on?"

Me:  "I don't think that's very professional.  If you're trying to tell me that someone else can't build a mobile site and have you host it, that's not a very professional way to go about it."

Steve Ritchieson: "What kind of drugs are you taking?"

Me:  "This conversation is done.  I am not doing business with your company any longer.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I cannot believe your company talks to clients that way."

Then I hang up the phone.  Then I call Darren, who is the salesman, who sold me the website and "hosting agreement".  I tell him I will not be treated or spoken to the way Brett Polach and Steve Ritchieson have spoken to me.  I explain both of the conversations that took place with each person.  I say that it's completely unprofessional, and will not do business with a company who talks down to their clients.  Darren says he's going to get to "the bottom of it."

Darren then tells me that he has given both Steve and Brett a week off without pay.  The week happens to be the week of the FOURTH OF JULY.  I guess he thinks I'm stupid too.  They all were probably off on the week of the FOURTH OF JULY to begin with.  They all own the company.  I tell Darren, "I'm still not doing anymore business with your company.  Would you allow someone to talk to you the way your co-workers talked to me and still do business with their company?"  Darren says, "Well, I've reprimanded them, and this is going to be a hardship for them.  They both have families, and a week off without pay is going to be a financial hardship."  I say to Darren, "Well, that's not my problem.  They created their own problem by the way they treated me."  I again say, "I'm no longer going to do business with your company."  He then says, "We have a 3-year hosting contract."  I say, "Darren, would you do business with a company that spoke to you the way your co-workers spoke to me?  I will not all that to happen.  I will not give business to a company that treats their clients the way your company treated me."  Darren says, "Well, we can negotiate a buy-out."  I say, "That's not going to happen.  You'll have to do what you have to do, and I'll have to do what I have to do."

NO apology from Brett.  NO apology from Steve.  A week off without pay over the FOURTH OF JULY WEEK?   And you still think I would want to do business with you company?

Buyer beware.  Small business person beware.  I used this website company because I have a small business and was referred to it by another small business person.  I and don't know how to build or host my own website.  I should have done more research. This company takes advantage of your lack of knowledge in this area, instead of helps you by giving you more knowledge.  They don't want to help you.  They just want your money.  Darren seems like a nice guy, but they are all wolves in sheeps clothing.

They want your money upfront, and don't want to deal with you or your questions once they have your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webtechsnet/Scottsdale-Arizona-/Webtechsnet-Darren-DeSantagilo-Brett-Polach-and-Steve-Ritchieson-are-extremely-unprofes-983123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webtechs.net

WebTechs is a Rip-Off

AUTHOR: want to be a former client-they''re - (United States of America)

Everything written about this company is true.  I have e-mails, and taped conversations that substantiate how they treat their customers.  They feign ignorance, or try to point fingers at the customer, saying the customer did something wrong, or behaved inappropriately when they are unprofessional and degrading.

Beware: They enjoy taking your money, and then degrading you if you don't know how their business works, or how to host and build a website.  Brett Polach and Steve Ritchieson especially don't like being asked questions. Isn't that why a customer hires a web design company?

They become especially upset with you if you mention using another company to build a mobile website.  They charge $995 for this service.....while there are other companies, with much better design skills, who charge $295.

Any professional company would not say the things they said to me.  Any professional company would not try to "bind" someone with a bogus contract, after chastising them on the phone.  Any professional company, after being hired, would build a website and be concerened with staying in touch with the customer to facilitate the building of the website, not the customer having to guide them.

Just google WebTechs complaints, and you'll see other customers of theirs have been treated the same way,

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Brigett's Last Laugh

AUTHOR: WebTechs.Net - (United States of America)

In response, we have been in business since 1997 and it is unfortunate that you would portray our services in such a negative way. This was a customer who had been with us since 2008 and had a great relationship with all three of the above mentioned people.  When it came time to update her website we did provide multiple website design changes at half price. After that we provided many more website designs at no additional charge besides the initial payment.

You might say we went above
and beyond!

This is a customer who always screams and yells to try and get what she
wants.  She did not understand the fact that she is not our only customer and did not appreciate the fact that we provided all these changes at no additional charge.

We do not appreciate being treated that way! There are some customers in life
that you can never make happy. We understand that either way it is best to apologize and say thank you.

PS: Thank You for taking the time to read our
response, we appreciate that very much.