Complaint Review: Webtransact, Bargain-hotels

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2005

• Reported By:metairie Louisiana
Webtransact, Bargain-hotels
webtransact.com, bargain-hotels.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 925-677-7283
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Webtransact.com, Bargain-hotels.com ripoff charged credit card withought my authorization have not refunded my money yet California

Last Wednesday, March 23, I booked a hotel room through this website. About an hour later, someone from the company called to inform me that the hotel was not available. I then, through an email, requested no service from the company, and said that if my credit card was charged, I would take legal action. I received an e-mail from the company saying they would obey my requests. Upon viewing my bank account online Monday morning, I noticed a charge of $385.00 to my credit card, by that company. I have spoke to several people on numerous occasions within the past five days, and the best answer I have recieved is that my account will be refunded within 7-14 days, which is ridiculous. It should not have been charged in the first place.

Because of this company's mistake, my bank account is a mess. Several overdraft charges have been issued to my account, which have continously made my bank acount have a negative balance over the past few days. I nor my lawyer have not been able to speak with anyone who seems to be in charge, even after 10 phone calls and 4 messages taken by the other phone operators. This is beginning to sound like a hoax.

Brooke
metairie, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2005 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webtransact-Bargain-hotels/nationwide/Webtransactcom-Bargain-hotelscom-ripoff-charged-credit-card-withought-my-authorization-137076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webtransact, Bargain-hotels