ED Magedson – Founder
Weddings Inc Orlando636 W. Smith Street Orlando , Florida USA
Weddings Inc All they care about is your $$ Orlando Florida
Terri is a con artist. She should never be trusted with anything of this magnitude of importance. All she cares about is collecting payment, other than that, you are on your own. There is no wedding co-ordinator to help you, no one to go over a checklist of things you need to do, nobody that is least bit concerned with the $10,000 your parents just paid so you could have the most wonderful day of your life. If you send an email to anyone at Weddings Inc., they ignore it, until you finally send them an email saying "HELLO???!!!"
Our nightmare began like this:
* A "wedding co-ordinator" (i. [continued below]....
* Teri sent me a .pdf which included documents to file for a "Marriage License in Absentia" - (She was charging me $193.50 and the Court house was only charging her $93.50... $100 markup, what a joke!) the .pdf had the wrong mail to address in it and apparently she had emailed me to let me know this. So when I received the letter back return to sender, she BLAMED this on me - (she didn't want me to think she was disorganized). We were now in a time crunch. The day we got to Florida we were trying to run around and get this (foolish) document signed (which we later found out was a worthless piece of paper that was meaningless from a judge in Brevard county).
* Our Wedding was on 1-7-13. We received calls at my home - because Terri lost my cell phone number - on 1-13-13. We weren't legally married - she BLAMED the notary at Sun Trust Bank in Celebration FL, stating that he hadn't signed where he stamped. This was a lie, we watched him do it. But, she did white out his name and make a photocopy of the document in order to attempt to get other websites to remove my accurate negative reviews, only one actually fell for it.
* On 1-14-2013 we explained the situation to a Judge in the Brevard County Courthouse. Because she was so disorganized, and couldn't be bothered to invest any time in my wedding, she was looking the for notary to backdate the document. The judge told me it is a crime to backdate, which would result in the notary losing their commission. My husband and I did nothing wrong, the notary at SunTrust did nothing wrong, it was all Terri. Sadly, we ended up getting married under a palm tree outside the Brevard County Court House on 1-14-2013. The "Wedding" through Weddings Inc. on 1-7-2013, was just smoke in mirrors.
* On to the next screw up... I mentioned to her that I was having problems with getting the cake lady to do what I wanted to the cake. So, the cake comes. My wedding colors were plum and silver. I see the cake, it's baby blue and extremely unprofessional. I taste the cake - no almond flavor that I requested, and the thick layer of amaretto buttercream that should have been there was paper thin. I could have bought something from the day old bakery section at Winn Dixie that would have tasted better. The Vendor was "It's Tasty Too" from Orlando - buyer beware.
* We had told Terri it was very important to have Catholic Touches added to our ceremony, such as unity candles. At the last minute she tells me I need to get my own unity candles. I didn't end up having time to do this, and she couldn't be bothered to lift a finger, so sadly this was another thing we had to sacrifice thanks to Terri.
* At the ceremony Terri had asked me if everything was alright. Everything I had managed (i.e., the catering, flowers, etc.) turned out exceptionally well -with the exception of the ghetto looking cake. I said "yes" because I was afraid she would be very dramatic, and selfishly make everything about her. When I first started having problems with Terri, I mentioned I was not the only one to complain about her services. She had a couple of scathing reviews from other customers. She proceeded to tell me about how she attempted to sue one of them because the review wasn't true - the bride wasn't really happy with the guy she was marrying, wasn't really happy that her own mother wasn't attending the wedding and no matter what she did - this bride would not be happy. Terri was an innocent victim, and she BLAMED the bride. It's obvious to me who is to blame.
Analyzing the situation from a Post Mortem perspective, Weddings Inc., was simply the haphazard go between for venues/packages like this:
She is just making a commission off of making the sale. Spend the extra money if you have too. It's worth it to work with people who want to make you happy on that special day, as opposed to viewing you as a means to an end.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weddings-Inc-Orlando/Orlando-Florida-32804/Weddings-Inc-All-they-care-about-is-your-Orlando-Florida-1087069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.