Complaint Review: Weight Watchers

• Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Barb — Madison Wisconsin United States of America
Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers Read the fine print with a Magnifier, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I can see you, maybe, missing the "fine print"....

I joined Weight Watchers over a year ago. I only went to one meeting as I needed to determine if the WW plan would correlate with my dietary requirements and I determined that it would not.  I knew I was going to have to pay for the whole month, HOWEVER, NO ONE TOLD ME that I had to call to cancel or I would continue to have monthy charges of $39.95 assessed.

Over $500 later I have noted these charges on my credit card.  Yes, I am a fool for not having noticed earlier.  I have to go online to see these charges and I have not taken the ime as I have trusted that there has been no abuse.  WRONG!  Weight Watchers is the abuses in their hidden policies.  This in my opinion is consumer abuse.  Shame on you Weight Watchers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weight-Watchers/internet/Weight-Watchers-Read-the-fine-print-with-a-Magnifier-Internet-932488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weight Watchers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I can see you, maybe, missing the "fine print"....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

but how did you manage to miss the charges to your credit card for over a year?

"I would continue to have monthy charges of $39.95 assessed. Over $500 later I have noted these charges on my credit card."  500 / 39.95 = 12.5 months.

Do you, also, get frequent NSF charges from your bank?

successfully